0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Theory / composition / technique

Subject: Midi files IN the Euro Trance style needed

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/11                 Date: 06-Oct-00  @  03:47 PM   -   Midi files IN the Euro Trance style needed

robert

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Hi,
There Is a band on mp3.com Lagoona that write great melody lines and I can't seem to figure them out. I was wondering where I could find midi files In the Euro Trance style so I could learn how to program my own lines. Any help would be great! PS I'm not plugging the band they don't need my help.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/11                 Date: 06-Oct-00  @  04:35 PM   -   RE: Midi files IN the Euro Trance style needed

casparproject

hmm, I don't quite know what you mean. if you want to learn how to write the melody lines, you should just listen to them, and analyse how they relate to the underlying chord structure. nobody's goin to do it for you. if you're really stuck, sometimes ppl here will help you with chord structure stuff, but you should get some basic theory chops first.

Peaceout,

Peter

Message 3/11                 Date: 06-Oct-00  @  04:59 PM   -   RE: Midi files IN the Euro Trance style needed

rilles6961

Actually I have basic theory. It's more about the timing against the beat and note values and placement. It's hard to hear those things In a song thats going 140 beats per minute. I have one Trance CD that came with Midi files but It Is more psy Trance and there Is a big difference In sound between that and Euro Trance.

Message 4/11                 Date: 09-Oct-00  @  04:41 AM   -   RE: Midi files IN the Euro Trance style needed

H

Link?:  No link

go take alot of mushrooms and dots and throw your theory away.btw for some reason I do like skylab2000's song rollergirl.oh yeah it has a 777 in it;)if all else fails do what jj of art of noise does and play only the black keys!

H

Message 5/11                 Date: 19-Oct-00  @  06:02 AM   -   RE: Midi files IN the Euro Trance style needed

trypt

I think you misinterpreted his Q caspar, he was asking for
pointers to Trance MIDI file sites and such. If anyone knows
of any I'd be curious too, please post

Message 6/11                 Date: 19-Oct-00  @  09:13 PM   -   RE: Midi files IN the Euro Trance style needed

ggehiere

When I was first starting I looked all over the web for
how to write trance sites, trance MIDI files, etc. I
didn't find any.

What I learned is this:

No one will tell you how to write trance. They WILL
discuss various techniques. Don't get ME started or
I'll never shut up!!

There are no trance MIDIs. Why? Because trance is 90%
production, and therefore sounds like crap in general
midi. If you want somee MIDIs that are close, look for
New Age MIDIs (what I consider to be the roots of
melodic trance) and Top 40 electronic stuff like Alice
DeeJay, and so forth.

That's only my opinion, though.

You want some timing info? Bassline notes go on the
off-notes of bass drum kicks, and so do open open
Hi-Hats. Closed hats on the bassdrum. It's not a rule,
but everyone seems to do it.

Anyone who wants to talk technique (not scales and
stuff 'cause I don't know any) is welcome to email me,
though you might find me full of shit :

Message 7/11                 Date: 20-Oct-00  @  02:54 AM   -   RE: Midi files IN the Euro Trance style needed

k

it is about timing of notes and delays as the guy says as well as the notes, cos the delays add notes further down the riffs - this riff is two real simple ones.. but each has a delay, and the timing of the notes of each rif although sparse works to get the groove, but they are real basic riff, one just lifts upo a semitone at the end for example

Message 8/11                 Date: 21-Oct-00  @  12:04 AM   -   RE: Midi files IN the Euro Trance style needed

trypt

Ace sound quality there=) Was that all done with a
K2000?

Message 9/11                 Date: 23-Oct-00  @  08:32 AM   -   RE: Midi files IN the Euro Trance style needed

k

yup... & drumstation

Message 10/11                 Date: 23-Oct-00  @  07:23 PM   -   RE: Midi files IN the Euro Trance style needed

0/d

Link?:  Link

K,Have the tech tables been brought over to the new server yet? i've been trying to get a copy of the delay to bpm chart.Is it still there or does it just take ages to open the page?

Message 11/11                 Date: 23-Oct-00  @  07:48 PM   -   RE: Midi files IN the Euro Trance style needed

k

well, i have to upload the new database with all the times in it.. BUT, i realised there is no need, i can create a calculator to calculate the delay times based on the bpm... so i'm going to redesign it... the table only works with 60bpm... try it, it works if you choose 60bpm , but i didnt get further than that !!!... redesign due soon

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 11 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum