0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Theory / composition / technique

Subject: Scale question

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5                 Date: 28-Sep-00  @  01:01 PM   -   Scale question

99devils

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I think I answered my question by simply inputting the notes into the grid... I use this scale often for dropped-D tuning metal riffs on the guitar, and was wondering what it is. Ever hear the expression a little knowledge is dangerous? I'm trying to figure out what chords I can use over this, but my limited theory is squashing that... So who's got ideas for me?

It's a mode of the Bb major scale, no? It seems to fit a major scale pattern, I use it 'cause I like the half-step between the root and first note, has kind of a grinding effect when used in the above context.

-Craig
-Craig

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/5                 Date: 28-Sep-00  @  03:14 PM   -   RE: Scale question

johnny

It's the Phrygian mode transposed down a tone. Sounds good with an F7+ (F,A,C,E) over the final (D) and Eb7+ (Eb,G,Bb,D) over the dominant (Bb). Just play around with the chords as though it's Bb major or G minor, can't go wrong.

Message 3/5                 Date: 29-Sep-00  @  02:23 PM   -   RE: Scale question

99devils

Merci beaucoup mon ami...

-Craig

Message 4/5                 Date: 09-Oct-00  @  04:43 AM   -   RE: Scale question

H

Drop D on guitar you and about every psychobilly telecaster terrorist.

H

Message 5/5                 Date: 09-Oct-00  @  08:15 PM   -   RE: Scale question

99devils

Ummm, yeah, and Steve Vai on "Bad Horsie" too... Umm, was there a point?

-Craig

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum