0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Theory / composition / technique

Subject: pict.sorry another question 4 u

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5                 Date: 24-Jul-00  @  02:40 PM   -   pict.sorry another question 4 u

tonyanddave

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

pict could you tello me what key this patterns in .i thought it was a c#minor but the c is throwing me.is this something to do with the MELODIC or HARMONIC minor scales

thanks tonyp

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/5                 Date: 24-Jul-00  @  02:47 PM   -   pict.sorry another question 4 u

tonyanddave

pict could you tello me what key this patterns in .i thought it was a c#minor but the c is throwing me.is this something to do with the MELODIC or HARMONIC minor scales

it goes c# c# g# g#/ c# c# g# g# /
a a f# f# / b b b c( this is whats confusing)
thanks tonyp

Message 3/5                 Date: 27-Jul-00  @  06:49 AM   -   RE: pict.sorry another question 4 u

Pongoid

Link?:  Link

Pict,
Nannee nannee poo poo! I told you so!!!! AHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!! :p ;)

Ape

Message 4/5                 Date: 27-Jul-00  @  08:59 AM   -   RE: pict.sorry another question 4 u

pict

Ha ha ha! yes you did Ape oh well.
Tony it's very difficult to say from just those notes it could be c# minor or E major and the C note might just be a passing note they could even be from a mode it's impossible to tell unless you hear the notes in relation to the rest of the music.The best thing you could do is to download a scale program like "scale it" for example which shows you the notes in every scale on the keyboard or fret board.Hearing whether or not it's major or minor can be developed by learning the sound of major and minor 3rd intervals do you play an instrument?If you do get a scale book or prog and learn the major scale in every key then the natural minor scale if you don't now is a good time to start the keyboard is the easiest to learn because it is so visual.At the same time learn the intervals;an interval is the distance in pitch between any two notes this all requires practice but it really is the only way to acquire the knowledge.To establish the key requires two things mainly, that of being able to discern tonality(whether or not it major or minor)and being able to hear resolution that is when you can hear that there is one home chord that all the other chords seem to return to.Learning chord progressions will teach you to hear these resolutions but again you have to play it to understand it which leads back to,yes you guessed it,practice believe me Tony,Theory informs but Practice convinces.

Message 5/5                 Date: 27-Jul-00  @  05:00 PM   -   RE: pict.sorry another question 4 u

G B

Hi,

Probably Minor and just an out-of-scale-pass-thru note (hm). It's used quite alot. Isn't it called a leading tone, or something (because it leads to the tonic)? I'm not sure.

Good luck.

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum