0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Theory / composition / technique

Subject: 'Natural' Tuning

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6                 Date: 16-Jun-00  @  12:32 PM   -   'Natural' Tuning

G B

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Are there any dance producers that use 'Natural' tuning in their tracks?

All the synths I know, are made to use the equal tempered tuning(except reator, wich has a tuning module). I'll bet that there are synths, wich you can program to a specific key/scale. I think music sounds more 'open' in 'natural' tuning.

I once tried to make a synth in a soundfont to make it 'natural' minor in G#. I made each note a layer(about 2 oktaves) and tuned them. It can only be tuned in cents, but it sounded good. It would be nice if there was a program that could tune the intruments in a soundfont.... I'll do a long search on the net now.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/6                 Date: 16-Jun-00  @  01:00 PM   -   RE: 'Natural' Tuning

damballah

Link?:  Link

I'm not sure about their smaplers, but Emu's modules have a bunch of tuning tables included. Equal Temperment, Just C, Vallotti, 19-tone, Gamelan, Just C2, Just C-minor, Just C3, Werkmeister III, Kirnberger, Scarlatti, Repeating Octave and 12 user-definable ones. Having rattled all that off (with the help of a manual), I must admit I've never bothered to explore any of them. I'm sure other synth manufacturers have done similar things.

Message 3/6                 Date: 16-Jun-00  @  01:21 PM   -   RE: 'Natural' Tuning

Pongoid

Actually, Waldorf came up with a prett cool one; I think called hermetic tuning, and basically it intonates based on the last pitch played, and the others sill playing. Makes for very nice voicings. Not sure how it's calculated.

Ape

Message 4/6                 Date: 16-Jun-00  @  01:24 PM   -   RE: 'Natural' Tuning

G B

Link?:  No link

Hi, no such thing with my soundblaster live card. :-(

Message 5/6                 Date: 18-Jun-00  @  02:17 PM   -   RE: 'Natural' Tuning

rouge

Link?: Link

Well, i know that you can adjust the tempered tuning on my JV2080 but i don't think there are preset tunings (has to be custom). BUT, i've heard that the Trinity does have preset Tuning scales.

Message 6/6                 Date: 08-Jul-00  @  10:46 AM   -   RE: 'Natural' Tuning

sitar

Yea, the XP-80 has adjustable tempering. Haven't gone near it.

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum