0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Theory / composition / technique

Subject: logic audio/ theory question

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9                 Date: 17-Apr-00  @  07:52 PM   -   logic audio/ theory question

kid dik

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Does logic audio have, or can you construct a sort of filter in the environment that only allows notes of a certain key to pass through? I am just wondering if anybody has heard about such a device within logic that does this.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/9                 Date: 18-Apr-00  @  12:54 AM   -   RE: logic audio/ theory question

k

not really, cos the actual filtering is being done inside the synth by it's own filters - or do you simply mean a filter in terms of 'it filters OUT notes to pass thru to another object... the former comment generally overides what you can do tho

Message 3/9                 Date: 18-Apr-00  @  05:08 AM   -   RE: logic audio/ theory question

Harmony

Heh, what like harmonic quantisation?

Wasnt there some sort of finction within the logical editor that can aply an accidental 2 a given note...but that's Cuaebase....

Message 4/9                 Date: 18-Apr-00  @  07:55 AM   -   RE: logic audio/ theory question

damballah

Link?:  Link

I think some of the Opcode software did that, Vision DSP maybe. Constrained your notes to the selected key. I had a promo disc for in once. Seems like it would also harmonize a passage after transposing it.

Message 5/9                 Date: 18-Apr-00  @  01:50 PM   -   RE: logic audio/ theory question

kid dik

Yeah kilo, I mean filters in the environment that allow certain events to pass, and stops others.

I'm no logic guru, but I know that they have if/then sort of logical switches inside the environment. I guess that you could have a filter that allows, as an example, C major to pass through, such that if an A# (little bit of a joke) came along, it'd say no way hombre, and kick it, while letting an E, D, and G go by.

I wish I knew how to do stuff in the environment, I would love to build a key filter, and damn it would help me out alot. I gotta think someone has done this already though? Guess I'll have to start snooping.

Message 6/9                 Date: 18-Apr-00  @  06:08 PM   -   RE: logic audio/ theory question

k

well, it certainly has that sort of 'filtering' ability.. not sure if it can do it with notes like that.. i'll take a look

Message 7/9                 Date: 20-Apr-00  @  08:13 AM   -   RE: logic audio/ theory question

tetsuo2

Is it really THAT hard to buy some musical notation paper, and write out the scales.

or two learn the two acronyms:
GDAEBF - Good Dogs Are Everyone's Best Friend
G has 1 sharp, 6 flats if its the flat scale D has 2 sharps, 5 flats if its the flat scale A has 3 sharps, 4 flats if its the flat scale ... see where thats going??
exceptions: C sharp has ALL notes sharped in the order below, C flat has ALL notes flatted in the order below (for flats), and F is strange because it is a flat scale (with 1 flat) while all the other scales (with just a letter name and no accidental) are sharps.

and the other acro is for sharp or flat placement (which notes are sharped or flatted)
FCGDAEB Fat cats go down alleys eating birds
Thats the order of sharps, so if there is one sharp (key of G, see above), it is F; if there is three sharps they are F, C, and G.

If u reverse the order of the acronym into BEADGCF
Thats the order of flats: so if its 1 flat(key of F, see above), then B is flatted; if its 4 flats (key of A flat, see above), then B, E, A, and D are all flatted.

Memorize this. its the best way I've seen. It looks confusing as hell. Read it over a couple of times, its very efficient.

Message 8/9                 Date: 20-Apr-00  @  09:35 AM   -   RE: logic audio/ theory question

Harmony

Try this 1, u'll only av 2 learn 1 sentence 4 sharps....

Father Charles Goes Down And Ends Battle

Then reverse it 2 get flats....

Battle Ends And Down Goes Father Charles

Get it?? Errrrrrr, this'll make buggerall sense 2 u if u dont look at some music 2 c how the key sigs r layd out...

Message 9/9                 Date: 22-Apr-00  @  08:59 PM   -   RE: logic audio/ theory question

tetsuo2

hahahha ill stick with mine, they make more sense grammatically  

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum