0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Theory / composition / technique

Subject: FANNIE

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8                 Date: 16-Apr-00  @  05:17 PM   -   FANNIE

k

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

and anyone else who's a theory buff... this is NOT dance stuff, but i want to know something if you can tell me simply....

those chord sequences, transitions or whatever you get in all those Gong Li chinese films, like 'The River' (I think it is called The River... the film where Gong Li owns the firework company, and the guy who is her lover versus the family advisers thing)... and 'Farewell my Concubine' (which you must know), and also that Opium one, 'Temptress Moon' (which is crap i reckon compared to those others)... but the music ... !!!! phew !!!....

they are all subtley different music, (dunno who does the music), but have this underlying trend of strange, simple (in terms of not 'busy', yet VERY melodically pleasing shifts in key.... (which makes me guess it's the same music writer, cos it's always the same actors) i just love it to bits that key shifting like that, so haunting... is there some principal behind this style?...

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/8                 Date: 17-Apr-00  @  09:01 AM   -   RE: FANNIE

Harmony

Oh dear....I must admit I am a complete pleb when it comes 2 films & TV...I dont have a TV, cant say I've seen any of them....didnt even watch Titanic til recently....

Is there any way u can find out the composer's name so I can look'im up on Napster or some other MP3 library?

Well, I can guess that the music would most probably incorporate non western influences-asian traditions...but I cant judge without hearing the music in question how weternised/hollywoodised the scoring is....so I couldnt draw any ethnomusicological conclutions-I wonder which aspects of it the composer has emphasised....

Message 3/8                 Date: 17-Apr-00  @  12:54 PM   -   RE: FANNIE

k

er... cant you go down to blockbuster ?.... surely you have a mate with a video... you gotta hear this guys score tho... wicked... i'll get the name, but can't right now as the TV is being used for some 'Chokobo Racing'

Message 4/8                 Date: 17-Apr-00  @  02:43 PM   -   RE: FANNIE

Harmony

Go 2 blockbuster??? but then I wouldnt b able 2 jib on DT til the cow come home.....(no need 2 comment on that 1!)

Seriously tho, does it sound pentatonic, as in like the black notes on the keyboard?

Message 5/8                 Date: 17-Apr-00  @  03:25 PM   -   RE: FANNIE

johnny

Link?: Link

Jiping Zhao is the composer, this page may be of interest ^^^^^^^

Message 6/8                 Date: 17-Apr-00  @  07:46 PM   -   RE: FANNIE

jj

fucking love this site!

Message 7/8                 Date: 18-Apr-00  @  12:51 AM   -   RE: FANNIE

k

thats just cos your a fucking reject like the rest of us jj :-)-

Message 8/8                 Date: 19-Apr-00  @  03:04 AM   -   RE: FANNIE

jj

rejectoid!!!!

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum