0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Theory / composition / technique

Subject: Please help, I know nothing

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4                 Date: 03-Apr-00  @  01:53 AM   -   Please help, I know nothing

r_martin

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Im really just getting into the electronic music scene at he moment. I love raves and rescently decided I would try to create my own styles. Unfortunately I am not farmiliar with what is meant by chords,sweeps,progressions. Could somebody please help or post a web site with shit loads of jargon on it.

Much appreciated

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/4                 Date: 03-Apr-00  @  12:29 PM   -   RE: Please help, I know nothing

sitar

Link?:  Link

There is a lot to learn and grasp. Music theory is one thing. Synths/samplers/sequencers are another. I'd suggest checking out all of the dropdown menus above ie. "Dancetech Selektor", "Forums", "Classified Ad's" and start reading whatever strikes your fancy at any moment. That'll get you started.

A chord is 3 or more different notes played at the same time, or a car made by Honda   A sweep...probably what you're looking for is something that can be produced by changing a filter on a synth while it's producing a sound. A progression is a development of chords following eachother to produce a desired pattern. There are also rhythmic progressions, progression of a song, or of songs on a CD.

Message 3/4                 Date: 04-Apr-00  @  04:33 AM   -   RE: Please help, I know nothing

r_martin

Link?:  No link

al righty, so when people insert cords into this forum are they only possible on actual synths? Or can they be sequenced. If so do they apply to specific synths/notes/samples?

Cheers

Message 4/4                 Date: 04-Apr-00  @  06:02 AM   -   RE: Please help, I know nothing

sitar

Link?:  Link

A chord is a chord. You can play it on any instrument that can play multiple notes simultaneously. Beethoven played them on the piano. Bach on the harpsichord. Jimi hendrix on the guitar. Or three trumpet players can produce a chord between them by playing their note at the same time. You can play the same chord on different instruments, which includes synths.

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum