0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Theory / composition / technique

Subject: Learn to Play Keyboard

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2                 Date: 28-Mar-00  @  03:18 PM   -   Learn to Play Keyboard

G Wilton

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi
due to an accident at work I am going to be off sick and have quite a bit of time on my hands over the summer months.
I intend to learn how to play the keyboard(just bought a CS6x) good enough to make Trance music.
Are there any home courses/videos etc I could buy in the UK that would teach me how to play?
If so where do I get them and how much?
I admit my musical knowledge is very limited at the moment but I also intend to put more time into this too.
I am just getting into the music making scene after dj`ing in clubs for the last 8 years so basically know how a tune is made up but that`s about as far as it goes.
I also have Cakewalk 9 to use on my PC as the sequencer.
I will also be using the sampler on the CS6x for my drum loops so don`t need to learn about making drum loops at the moment.
Any help greatly appreciated.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/2                 Date: 01-Apr-00  @  04:15 AM   -   RE: Learn to Play Keyboard

cjbmusictheory

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I reckon the first thing you should do is learn all the chords. If you send me an Email, I can send you some reference charts for all the chords and keys.
After that it's just a case of finding out which chords go with which others. You can either experiment, or steal them. I use old jazz tunes as a source for chord patterns.
As an eg., these are the chords for Paupa New Guinea

Fmin (F Ab C)
Fmin
Ab (Ab C Eb)
Bb (Bb D F )

If you've got any good drum loops they'd be appreciated. I've got the theory side sorted, but my drums are a bit shite.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum