0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Theory / composition / technique

Subject: Books

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3                 Date: 28-Feb-00  @  04:21 PM   -   Books

jirmany

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I am just starting out in electronic music, and I see this music theory stuff and i dont use any of it. I just bang on the keybs till i get a sound i like. But I was wodneirng if there are any books that would help the begginer like me out. If so, please let me know what i need and ill buy it. Thanks

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/3                 Date: 29-Feb-00  @  08:50 AM   -   RE: Books

sitarsong

There are so many theory books available. Browse through and see which ones you can connect to. It's been several years since I had any so I can't recommend a particular book. You might find that 2 or even 3 books will be better than just one. There are books just on rythm, just on hrmony, just on couterpoint, just on music notation. See if you can get to a library. It'll save you some money and put a time constraint on so you won't be able to procrastinate like me.

Message 3/3                 Date: 29-Feb-00  @  12:01 PM   -   RE: Books

k

best book to srat is the actual grade book from the RCM - (royal college of music) it's a little red book, pocket sized, and i covers theory from start of basic scale and timing theory up to grade 8 - everything you need is there - it's the book for the grade exams

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum