0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: PreSonus ACP88, Does it suck?

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3                 Date: 20-Feb-01  @  10:40 PM   -   PreSonus ACP88, Does it suck?

night_3333

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

It says its got 8 channels of compression, in 2 rack spaces, for $799. Does the thing just not sound good or something? Not enough control? Anyone played with one?

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/3                 Date: 22-Feb-01  @  06:02 AM   -   RE: PreSonus ACP88, Does it suck?

damballah

Link?:  Link

In clubs, not in a studio setting. The biggest concert club in town that does all the touring acts with really picky technical riders has two of them patched into their 40 input midas console. Another smaller venue I work at frequently has one that I've used primarily on drums and bass. Level controlling and some fattening. Maybe not the thing for a main mix or a critical vocal, but pretty good. On the comp side, it has a soft/hard knee switch, a switch for auto or manual attack and release times, threshold, ratio, attack, release and makeup gain. On the gate, it has a switch for the range, threshold, attack, release. And every two channels are stereo linkable. What more do you want? I've found it to be a good solution if you need a mess of VCA comp/gate channels relatively economically. And it takes up less rack space than stereo units.

Message 3/3                 Date: 23-Feb-01  @  03:08 AM   -   RE: PreSonus ACP88, Does it suck?

night_3333

Link?:  No link

I was thinking it might be nice to have this for my drums, and then another better one for vocals, etc.
Does it sound like I've got a good plan here?
I was thinking it would be nice to tweak several drums compression at once, instead of compress, resample, etc. should I just spend money on a quality unit and do the resampling? or would the resampling defeat the purpose of quality in the first place...

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum