0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: kawai eq8?

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2                 Date: 22-Dec-00  @  02:30 PM   -   kawai eq8?

pulaski

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

i'm selling my kawai k1m and someone wants to trade me a kawai eq8 parametric for it. anyone used it? any good?

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/2                 Date: 13-Jan-01  @  06:46 PM   -   RE: kawai eq8?

pulaski

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

well i bit the bullet and effected the trade. worked out quite nicely i must say. i've never heard or used another parameteric eq before but i'm finding this one to be quite good and useful. of course, i'm impressed with any eq these days seeing as the crappy mackie 1604 does not even have a sweepable midrange. but this new eq8 thingy has really sorted me out. it has 8! channels so i can pretty much run all my drum sounds plus a few extras into it and am able to change the timbre of each one across a pretty wide range. you can also chain two channels together and thus apply two channels of parametric eq to one sound source. that freakin rocks! dunno about the specs and all but to my ears this piece was a real bargain. the k1m that i traded it for is only worth around 100 bucks so for that price it was a steal. haven't noticed much noise in the signal either so that's good too. if you see one cheap i'd highly recommend.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum