0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: mpx1 or srv 3030

Viewing all 15 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/15                 Date: 07-Dec-00  @  09:31 AM   -   mpx1 or srv 3030

yan

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

good day to you im in the market for some reverb and only reverb and these are the two machines that pop up in my weee brain could anyone tell me what thay think of these and wich ones better for reverb or is a question of taste cheers

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/15                 Date: 07-Dec-00  @  08:28 PM   -   RE: mpx1 or srv 3030

johnny

if it's reverb only, srv3030. Sounds divine, piss-easy to edit, and a few special touches that the mpx hasn't got.

Only £200 new right now as well, FX bargain of the year by far.

Message 3/15                 Date: 08-Dec-00  @  09:51 AM   -   RE: mpx1 or srv 3030

yan

fuking jokeing 200 pound were can i get one... but do you know if the reverb is better on the roland ive got the mpx1 but its to hard to edit for me right now thats why im thinking of the roland but i dont wana get the roland if the reverb ant as good as the lexicon the mpx is a noise fuker too

Message 4/15                 Date: 08-Dec-00  @  11:52 PM   -   RE: mpx1 or srv 3030

damballah

Link?:  Link

have you looked at the TC Electronics M-One?

Message 5/15                 Date: 09-Dec-00  @  10:48 AM   -   RE: mpx1 or srv 3030

yan

no cant say i have how does it stand up with the roland is the m one just reverb or multi

Message 6/15                 Date: 09-Dec-00  @  01:15 PM   -   RE: mpx1 or srv 3030

opus

Link?:  Link

turnkey had a roland for 239

Message 7/15                 Date: 09-Dec-00  @  02:27 PM   -   RE: mpx1 or srv 3030

yan

thats bloody cheap do you think its a good move selling my MPX1 and getting a roland i dont know much about these things thats why im asking.the lexicon just to hard for me to use ive never programed a reverb before can any one help me on this

Message 8/15                 Date: 09-Dec-00  @  02:28 PM   -   RE: mpx1 or srv 3030

johnny

they're being blown out for £199 up and down the land, I got one ;-)

It's all a matter of taste, which you prefer, I prefer Roland's reverbs personally and the dynamic separation thing is very useful. The M-One is a multiFX box with some usable reverbs, bit like a cut-down M2000.

Message 9/15                 Date: 09-Dec-00  @  02:33 PM   -   RE: mpx1 or srv 3030

johnny

Personally I'd keep the MPX1 and use it as a quality multiFX box, and use the Roland as a dedicated reverb.

It's easy to edit, it has an 'EZ Edit' mode where you are given a few controls (Liveness, Wall, Room, Distance etc.) which alter several parameters simultaneously (similar to some Lexicons). If you want to tweak it more precisely the Custom Edit mode gives full access to every parameter, and it's easy to navigate given the depth.

Message 10/15                 Date: 09-Dec-00  @  05:37 PM   -   RE: mpx1 or srv 3030

yan

It's just the money thats why I have to sell but if there going for 200 pounds I'll just have keep the mumma. and why the hell are thay so cheap; seems fuking crazy oh well......thanks

Message 11/15                 Date: 09-Dec-00  @  10:57 PM   -   RE: mpx1 or srv 3030

johnny

heh, they've just been overlooked; everyone wants do-it-all multiFX boxes, and dedicated reverbs are definitely out of fashion right now. So take advantage ;-)

Message 12/15                 Date: 10-Dec-00  @  12:21 PM   -   RE: mpx1 or srv 3030

yan

I think I'm gona have too cheers

Message 13/15                 Date: 11-Dec-00  @  02:01 AM   -   RE: mpx1 or srv 3030

Albert

Link?: Link

The SRV sounds excellent, and does seem like it's been overlooked so far. 200+ is an amazing price for it, definitely take advantage of that. I personally prefer the sound of the Roland reverb over the M-One.

The Roland SRV-3030 reverb and even the older SRV-330 (which I own) are certainly competitive with the reverb in the MPX-1, in my opinion. It's a different flavor of course, but as far as quality is on a par with the Lexicon. It would be nice to have both, because that would free up the MPX-1 to for multieffects, without needing to rely on it for the primary reverb. I enjoy using the MPX-1 more for multieffects than solely for its reverb.

Message 14/15                 Date: 11-Dec-00  @  09:05 AM   -   RE: mpx1 or srv 3030

yan

Thanks so you use both..I think I'm gona get the roland it seems to good to miss out on.Thanks to all

Message 15/15                 Date: 02-May-01  @  04:58 AM   -   RE: mpx1 or srv 3030

opus

Link?: Link

i just bought the SRV-3030 for $260 shipped from sweetwater. there is also the SRV-3030d/with digital output for about $330 shipped?. also guitarmaggedon has the SRV 3030 regular for $249 as a MAY special blowout. by the way i have seen many Lexicon MPX500 units on EBAY for $300 buy it now option. the best price i have seen for TC electronics gear is at NOVAMUSIK.COM but they might have run out of them.

Viewing all 15 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 15 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum