0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: software plugins vs. hardware fx

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3                 Date: 08-Nov-00  @  12:46 AM   -   software plugins vs. hardware fx

glanceback

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

what do people think about the merits of using VST or DirectX plugins vs. an external effects module? is there any way to get your computer to function as a realtime effects processor using plugins (i.e. applying effects to an incoming audio stream, rather than simply effecting audio that is already recorded)...?

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/3                 Date: 14-Nov-00  @  01:38 AM   -   RE: software plugins vs. hardware fx

k

Link?:  No link

yes with a fast low latency audio rack device it is possible.

Message 3/3                 Date: 13-Dec-00  @  08:38 PM   -   RE: software plugins vs. hardware fx

k

Link?:  No link

i've just sepnt 2 nights working with this duron, and it included lots of multple record tracks... so i decided to gate some tracks with the included VST insert 'dynamics' plugin (like the old dynamic's section in 3.7) - the gates are SUPERB!!!... as good as hardware, better probably as they make less noise with no patch leads etc & cables.. the audio-function filter is great, you can totally tune in with the 'listen' feature in seconds to the prominant frequency or to EXCLUDE a frequency, just as good as a classic drawmer frequency gate... really good stuff!... and totally free !

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum