0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: how power is the sherman filter freak?

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6                 Date: 25-Oct-00  @  02:15 PM   -   how power is the sherman filter freak?

jere doll

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

I just got a sherman yesterday and I am just wondering.What can this little thing do? Any tips would be cool on how to get the bass rolling.Thanks much
-jere doll

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/6                 Date: 25-Oct-00  @  11:43 PM   -   RE: how power is the sherman filter freak?

r-tek

Link?:  No link

I`ve had mine a week or so - whaddya wanna know? Stick that harmonics knob to "free" for starters so you can mess with both filters and then just screw around with the settings till you start to cackle.

Message 3/6                 Date: 26-Oct-00  @  03:53 PM   -   RE: how power is the sherman filter freak?

jere doll

What do recomend I do if I want to send a rolling bass line through it.Can I make the bass distorted.Thanks

Message 4/6                 Date: 26-Oct-00  @  09:44 PM   -   RE: how power is the sherman filter freak?

r-tek

Link?: Link

umm.........well it does kinda overdrive everything you put through it anyway, if what you`re getting isn`t enough, then just crank up the input knob a little (and I mean a little) to get that grizzly, raw sound. As I havent had it long, I`m not sure how much help I can really be - check Shermans website (^^^^^), they have a forum up now and you should find answers to all your questions there. All I can say is that I love this little box, I wouldn`t want to use it on everything, but it sounds so unique that I think its worth it weight in gold.

Message 5/6                 Date: 26-Oct-00  @  10:23 PM   -   RE: how power is the sherman filter freak?

jere doll

What are some of the applications you are going to be using it on? I have many ideas mainly for grinding bass lines. Thanks for your input r-tek! -jere doll

Message 6/6                 Date: 26-Oct-00  @  11:35 PM   -   RE: how power is the sherman filter freak?

r-tek

Link?:  No link

ok, heres one - make a beat and then feed it through the filters in a serial configuration, one lopass to get some boom, and then the other hipass with some resonance to emphasise the tops. Resample it and then splice and dice it to create a new but compatible sounding rhythm. Then, feed a synth sound through the shermans audio input (apply any kind of filtering you wish), and then feed the chopped beat into the FM socket. Adjust the settings to taste and you should now have a synth rhythm playing   You can either resmaple that as it is and layer it under the original beat for a mad cross-rhythm, OR you can go further with the synth rhythm and play a melody with the synth sound to get the synth-beat sounding even weirder.

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum