0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: Seeking Power Supply for Alesis 3630

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5                 Date: 25-Oct-00  @  08:19 AM   -   Seeking Power Supply for Alesis 3630

tonyl

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Anyone know where I can get one cheap one? Doesn't have to made by Alesis ... they just quoted me 32.50 GBP!

note: I tried a spare PSU & it seemed to damage the 3630 temporarily so I won't b doing that again.

Any advice welcome.

cheers, tone

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/5                 Date: 27-Oct-00  @  12:09 PM   -   RE: Seeking Power Supply for Alesis 3630

k

heh heh - wassup with it there are a few fixes... is it the cable that is fucked or the power lump died ?

Message 3/5                 Date: 30-Oct-00  @  07:59 AM   -   RE: Seeking Power Supply for Alesis 3630

tonyl

k,
i've actually mislaid it (dont ask me where) so i need an actual replacement. any ideas?

cheers

Message 4/5                 Date: 30-Oct-00  @  10:18 AM   -   RE: Seeking Power Supply for Alesis 3630

k

yes... remember they are AC adapters on alesis gear, NOT DC... usually Dave at Sutakina has a box fullof old ones, he gave me one for a fiver. it doesnt have to have the right end fitting just the right voltage so any correct voltage adapter will do - pref' the type with a pull-apart polarity reverse on the wire

just open up the alesis, find the socket for the power plug IN, cut -off the old plug-end on the adapter wire (the end that plugs into the unit), trim & tin the wires then solder them to the alesis board at the socket + & - contacts, passing the wire out of the unit through the hole where the socket is located - sorted !! - if it has one of those reversable polarity connectors on the wire even better cos you can pull that apart to seperate the supply and the unit when you move/box it.

Message 5/5                 Date: 30-Oct-00  @  10:36 AM   -   RE: Seeking Power Supply for Alesis 3630

tonyl

thanks k, oh fountain of all knowledge :-)

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum