0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: Using VF-1 in parallel mode

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3                 Date: 21-Oct-00  @  02:28 AM   -   Using VF-1 in parallel mode

dial0g

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

I've had my VF-1 since March and I just recently noticed in the manual that it mentions being able to run effects serially and parallel on page 9 of the manual. The page it refers to mentions nothing of this. Also, some reviews I've seen (notibly the write-up Harmony Central did on the VF-1 - _NOT_ the user comments) mentioned this capability. I've used the VF-1 quite extensibly and have never ran across this option, so I'm assuming it was left out at the last minute. It seems all the other COSM based effects processors have this capability. But anyway, does anyone know if this mode is hidden away somewhere (I consider this highly unlikely), and if not, any idea if Roland is going to get on the ball and release an updated OS that supports this (and my other complaint, not being able to select algorithms without having to copy over a different preset)?

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/3                 Date: 22-Oct-00  @  01:24 PM   -   RE: Using VF-1 in parallel mode

r-tek

Link?:  No link

nah, its to do with the presets, I dont think you can actually specify it to run parallel yourself.

Take b33 as an example (Hall/Room) - if you inot the 1st edit page it shows the 2 different verbs in a parallel configuration so you`ll have a hall verb on one of the send and a room on the other. There are other with like a simple delay on one and verb on ther other but you dont get too much control as to what efx you have on each send due to dsp limitations I guess. It sucks, I know.

Message 3/3                 Date: 23-Oct-00  @  03:57 PM   -   RE: Using VF-1 in parallel mode

nomad

Link?:  No link

yep, se70 does same thing, i'm not sure how the vf-1 works but on the se70 you have 45 presets that you have to copy to a memory location to use,
most are like "Wave Chorus", "Stereo Phaser", stuff like that but a few
say like "Hall + Room", "Rev + Chorus", "Rev + Delay", etc.
the first is the left effect, the second is the right effect, i think they are mono
so the outputs are the same, and you can run them in series with an option too.

if you have the se70's 2 channel mixer on the vf-1, it is a little more flexible, but a little harder to get your head in....2 channels, separate eq + noise reduction each channel, then a delay -> chorus -> reverb, but with separate send levels for each input. weird, i haven't used it much, but maybe there's something like that you could use....

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum