0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: first multifx?

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/10                 Date: 17-Oct-00  @  09:24 AM   -   first multifx?

gs

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

i'm planning on buying my first external fx box soon... i plan on hooking it up to my mixer aux and mainly using it for a bit of delay on various things. i'm looking at the behringer virtualiser pro, anyone have anything bad/good to say about it? should i look into others, alesis stuff maybe?

ta.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/10                 Date: 17-Oct-00  @  08:32 PM   -   RE: first multifx?

johnny

It's a good sounding box, a little basic though programming-wise. I use one for slightly unusual delays, but then I have other stuff so I doubt I'd use it for this if it was my only box.

I think you should have a look at the Alesis MidiVerb 4 - also decent sounding, a lot more programmable and you can see what you're doing with that big screen. A good choice for your first FX unit, it covers all the bases well enough and is very easy to use.

Message 3/10                 Date: 18-Oct-00  @  03:13 AM   -   RE: first multifx?

gs

thanks i'll check it out, tho the budget probably won't stretch that far :-( my main concern is that i want to be able to specify the delay time fairly precisely to get it in sync. will go try them today.

Message 4/10                 Date: 18-Oct-00  @  06:55 AM   -   RE: first multifx?

gs

well i just got back, didn't get to look at them long (lunch break). but, lucky me they had a 2nd hand midiverb3 cheap ($270 AUS).. the Behringer new is $400 and the MV4 is $640. i think i'm going to go with it cause it's too much a bargain to pass up, 2nd hand stuff is hard to come by around here.

Message 5/10                 Date: 18-Oct-00  @  11:25 AM   -   RE: first multifx?

H

Check out the boss vf-1.It's fun for the whole family.

Message 6/10                 Date: 21-Oct-00  @  08:56 AM   -   RE: first multifx?

ivan

The Virtualizer is decent, nothing spectacular, but OK-sounding. Lacks easy realtime tweaking though. Setting delay time is a bit messy, but can be worked out (I'm probably just spoiled by the tap tempo on my MPX100). If you can find an used Zoom 1204, it's basically the same unit, but with knobs and some lesser specifications. Any Midiverb should be ok as well.

gs - you in Australia?

Message 7/10                 Date: 21-Oct-00  @  11:37 PM   -   RE: first multifx?

Frostbyte

If you ever come across a DP/2 by Ensoniq, do not hesitate, awesome.

Message 8/10                 Date: 23-Oct-00  @  02:48 AM   -   RE: first multifx?

gs

yeah i'm in perth.

fwiw, i bought the midiverb3, fairly basic as it only does reverb/chorus/delay but it sounds nice and fills my needs.

dunno what a dp/2 is but if it sounds anything like the ASRX fx i don't doubt it's awesome :-)

Message 9/10                 Date: 25-Oct-00  @  06:06 AM   -   RE: first multifx?

ivan

can understand the lack of musical gear in perth. I'm in Sydney at the moment.

Ensoniq have been using/milking their fx range for quite a while now, so I guess the ASRX fx are derived from the DP series (probably a good choice - DP4s are quite common in pro setups)

Message 10/10                 Date: 03-Nov-00  @  03:50 PM   -   RE: first multifx?

Frostbyte

Link?: Link

^^^^check the addy, DP galore

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum