0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: lexicon mpx100 vs behringer virtualiser

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8                 Date: 02-Nov-99  @  10:19 AM   -   lexicon mpx100 vs behringer virtualiser

jakobczy

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

i'm planning to purchase mixer + fx unit for about $500-$600.
one option is to buy behringer eurorack 1604 + lexicon mpx100, it will be about $650.
second option is eurorack 1804 which is mixer integrated with fx based on behringer virtualiser. it would cost about $500.
my question is - is it worth to pay $150 more for lexicon? i'm interested in reverbs (long, ambient), mainly.
any help?
maybe there are other options?

wojtek

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/8                 Date: 09-Nov-99  @  09:08 AM   -   RE: lexicon mpx100 vs behringer virtualiser

ivan

I have both the Virtualizer and the mpx, and the mpx is far better for reverb. The Virtualizer is good as a second reverb, but the lexicon is worth the money. Personally I'd go for a Mackie mixer instead of a Behringer one too.

Message 3/8                 Date: 08-Dec-99  @  05:40 PM   -   RE: lexicon mpx100 vs behringer virtualiser

dru

Link?:  Link

i second that go for the mpx

Message 4/8                 Date: 09-Dec-99  @  03:51 AM   -   RE: lexicon mpx100 vs behringer virtualiser

jakobczy

now i'm considering kawai rv-4. any opinions? it would cost me the same as lexicon, but have 8 in/out, 4 effects and really interesting architecture.

Message 5/8                 Date: 14-Dec-99  @  06:25 PM   -   RE: lexicon mpx100 vs behringer virtualiser

ivan

I haven't used one (or even heard of it actually), but for reverb the MPX100 is the one. Especially since it has tht Ambient program from the MPX1 (a lot more expensive). Lexicon are coming out with the MPX500 soon, but I don't know what it will cost.

Message 6/8                 Date: 22-Dec-99  @  11:19 AM   -   RE: lexicon mpx100 vs behringer virtualiser

systeminterupted

what you might want to check out is the behringer modulizer, it cost the same as the virtualizer, but it has LFO's you can sync to midi and distortion effects, though the behringer reverbs don't sound as good as the lexicon.

Message 7/8                 Date: 28-Dec-99  @  05:57 PM   -   RE: lexicon mpx100 vs behringer virtualiser

horizens

email this guy if you are still looking for an mpx100

nflux1@aol.com

i know he's got one for sale and he's pretty old school dancetech.

Message 8/8                 Date: 23-Jan-00  @  03:58 PM   -   RE: lexicon mpx100 vs behringer virtualiser

opus636

i have been looking around for the mpx500. even the lexicon web site is useless outside of a description but so far the cheapest price iv seen is $469 cant remember where tho? if my mpx100 was stolen i would buy anouther one

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum