0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: Ensoniq DP2 vs Lexicon mpx-100

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/10                 Date: 25-Oct-99  @  12:41 PM   -   Ensoniq DP2 vs Lexicon mpx-100

_

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

What's the difference between Ensoniq DP2 and Lexicon mpx-100?

Is it worth to pay all the extra money for dp2?

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/10                 Date: 27-Oct-99  @  01:02 PM   -   RE: Ensoniq DP2 vs Lexicon mpx-100

__

Is there anybody who can answer this question?

Thanks.

Message 3/10                 Date: 27-Oct-99  @  02:24 PM   -   RE: Ensoniq DP2 vs Lexicon mpx-100

JulianCope

I would definitely go with the DP/2, but I wouldn't pay more than $250 for one (I was able to get a DP/PRO, their top-of-the-line-unit for $380). If it's anything like the DP-PRO, it is just about better in every regard than the Lexicon. Ensoniq's keyboards may be crap, but their effects are godly.

Message 4/10                 Date: 27-Oct-99  @  08:38 PM   -   RE: Ensoniq DP2 vs Lexicon mpx-100

k

are you really Julian Cope ?, cos my female freind here is mad on you and has all your works... she's drooling

Message 5/10                 Date: 27-Oct-99  @  08:40 PM   -   RE: Ensoniq DP2 vs Lexicon mpx-100

k

anyways - if you are, she wants a copy of 'Droolian', cos she cant find a copy to replace the one she had stolen - any idea where she can get a copy

Message 6/10                 Date: 28-Oct-99  @  11:38 AM   -   RE: Ensoniq DP2 vs Lexicon mpx-100

saintjulian

Tell her the Teardrops are re-forming. It'll be just like a cartoon by a.a.p.

Message 7/10                 Date: 30-Oct-99  @  04:42 AM   -   RE: Ensoniq DP2 vs Lexicon mpx-100

__

what's so special about the dp fx?
what's make them so special?

Message 8/10                 Date: 30-Oct-99  @  03:32 PM   -   RE: Ensoniq DP2 vs Lexicon mpx-100

John

Link?: Link

The DP-Pro uses a totally different DSP chip than the DP/2/4/4+.

The same chip that is in the DP-Pro is in the ASR-X.

The DP-Pro (from what I remember) does not have the same configuration as the DP/2. The DP/2 is a dual processor, and the DP-Pro is not. On the other hand, the DP-Pro has a better sound.

If I would have to choose between the DP/2 and an MPX-100, I would choose the DP/2. It's a hell of a lot more flexible and it allows for more modulation routings.

John

Message 9/10                 Date: 30-Oct-99  @  10:39 PM   -   RE: Ensoniq DP2 vs Lexicon mpx-100

Pennywise

I thought the DP-PRO was a dual processor. It can use two effects algorithms simulataneously. Anyways, I would agree that any ensoniq efx box (DP-2, 4, or PRO) is better than Lexicon (unless you're getting into PCM 81 land.)

Message 10/10                 Date: 31-Oct-99  @  09:38 AM   -   RE: Ensoniq DP2 vs Lexicon mpx-100

John

Pennywise, You could be right. I really can't remember if the DP-Pro is dual or not.

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum