0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: Ensonic Dp2/DP4+

Viewing all 16 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/16                 Date: 19-Sep-99  @  05:43 AM   -   Ensonic Dp2/DP4+

j

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Is there anybody who know where I get get my hand on a Ensonic Dp2 or DP4+?

As I've heard they stoped to produce them for about 2-3 years.

Or is there any other FX-box who are similar to the DP?

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/16                 Date: 20-Sep-99  @  09:14 AM   -   RE: Ensonic Dp2/DP4+

John

Link?: Link

The Alesis Q20 is the only fx that I can think of that comes close to the DP/2. It basically does the same things, but just doesn't sound as nice.

Good luck finding one used. Once people get a hold of one, they never let go. I know I won't.

Cheers,

John

Message 3/16                 Date: 20-Sep-99  @  11:32 AM   -   RE: Ensonic Dp2/DP4+

j

-> John

Yeah, I know what you mean (Once people get a hold of one, they never let go. I know I won't.)
Not, me either. I've been after that unit for awhile now, but not succeed so far.

Is the Zoom 1204 or Lexicon MPX-100 any good?

Message 4/16                 Date: 20-Sep-99  @  02:00 PM   -   RE: Ensonic Dp2/DP4+

cutoff_freq

i've heard nothing but good things about the mpx-100, but i don't know from first hand experience. all i know is that lexicons are super quiet.

Message 5/16                 Date: 20-Sep-99  @  03:29 PM   -   RE: Ensonic Dp2/DP4+

horizens

i see dp4's all the time. check harmony-central.com in their classifieds section. pretty cool little boxes.

Message 6/16                 Date: 21-Sep-99  @  04:23 PM   -   RE: Ensonic Dp2/DP4+

j

I want the Dp4 or Dp2 for the great "features & sound" of course 
I don't think there are any fx who realy can be compared to the dp.
Tell me if I'm wrong.

What about Fireworx? It's a new FX-unit I think?
Is there anybody out there who are using it, if so give me your thoughts about it please...
I just downloaded some examples and they sounds realy great.

Ok, thanks
I will take a look on "harmony-central.com".

Message 7/16                 Date: 23-Sep-99  @  03:37 AM   -   RE: Ensonic Dp2/DP4+

j

Is there any other FX box who can do the same things that the DP2/DP4 can?

I mean newer model, who are still under production. The DP can ony be found as second hand.

/j

Message 8/16                 Date: 06-Oct-99  @  11:51 AM   -   RE: Ensonic Dp2/DP4+

j

Now I'm a lucky owner of DP4  
And it rocks!

So, now u know..

Message 9/16                 Date: 27-Oct-99  @  06:35 PM   -   RE: Ensonic Dp2/DP4+

HORIZENS

how do you set the routings in order to use the vocoder on the dp4?

Message 10/16                 Date: 29-Oct-99  @  12:39 PM   -   RE: Ensonic Dp2/DP4+

Joo

How about the Digitech Quad/Quad4? That's pretty similar to the DP4 aint it? Got them confused once.

Message 11/16                 Date: 30-Oct-99  @  04:39 AM   -   RE: Ensonic Dp2/DP4+

j

the spec. maby
But, absolutly not the sound
trust me...

Message 12/16                 Date: 30-Oct-99  @  03:39 PM   -   RE: Ensonic Dp2/DP4+

John

Horizens, I don't think the DP/4 is able to do a vocoder.

Within the DP/2, there is a ROM preset that sets it up to be a vocoder by using its 2 units. Is there a preset on the DP/4 for this? How about the DP/4+?

Message 13/16                 Date: 19-Nov-99  @  12:53 AM   -   RE: Ensonic Dp2/DP4+

Pongoid

Link?:  Link

The dp4+ does have a vocoder setting, and it uses all four processors to do it, but does it sound the bomb? Hell yes it does!!! There are other units out there that do cool stuff as well, but none for the price of a dp4+ that I've found. You can even do cool quadraphonic effect with it if you set it up right. Bad shit. Not for the faint of heart.

Ape

Message 14/16                 Date: 20-Nov-99  @  06:05 PM   -   RE: Ensonic Dp2/DP4+

funkbot

how flexible is the dp4+ as far as midi is concerned? Can it recieve cc's for different parameters (more parameters than just wet/dry balance)?

Message 15/16                 Date: 21-Nov-99  @  10:38 PM   -   Alesis Nanocompressor

ModAsBlue

Anybody use this box (Nanocompressor)? Alesis generally has a good rep in my book for good sound quality and for not selling out on all this "groove" shyte... I know it's very basic (per the price) but does is sound pretty solid?

Message 16/16                 Date: 08-Dec-99  @  05:43 PM   -   RE: Ensonic Dp2/DP4+

KnK

I own DP/4, StudioQUAD, MPX100, and recently got hold of a Fireworx.

StudioQuad is flexible, OK-sounding and reliable. I dont like its reverbs too much, though.

MPX100 has excellent verbs' but you're pretty much stuck with its rigid routing/edition. Great as a background or complementary FX unit.

DP/4 is fantastic, it sounds simply right. It has a soul. Drawback : the clumsy user interface. You'd have to kill me to get mine, though.

Firework is also fabulous : high-end specs : dead silent, unbelievable MIDI implementation, and incredible effects blocks that you can route absolutely as you want. That's the key to its power. It even include internal pitch tracking, 2 ADSR 2 LFO waveform generation and so on (so you can actually configure it play it as a monosynth w/ resonant lopass, MIDI-controlled !) everything fully assignable to whatever. The reverbs are OK but not the greatest ever. It has a vocoder. A lifetime is not enough to explore the FireworX possibilities.

Of course we're not at all comparing the same products (and prices !!).

Viewing all 16 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 16 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum