0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: 2 b or not 2 b digital cabels

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3                 Date: 18-Feb-01  @  08:08 PM   -   2 b or not 2 b digital cabels

druma

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

sorry for the boring topic guys, but I went out to buy some digital cabels for my spdif (optical!?) and they wanted like $100 for one bloddy cabel, then someone told me u can use regular rca!!? and before I go out waste my money and blow my digital i/o's: do I need $100 cabels cos I need like 3 - 4 of them hahaha thats like 3-400, I'll rather take a micro modular  .. but I'm sure they make casio digital cabels or something.. dunno some info would help, and that is exactly why I posted this thread..ah ha clever isn't it

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/3                 Date: 18-Feb-01  @  11:02 PM   -   RE: 2 b or not 2 b digital cabels

Rowboffin

Im not sure that you're using S/PDIF optical if someone suggested you use RCA cables, its more likely that your talking about coaxial which is the same connector as RCA/phono. In any case you shouldn't use anything other than a cable intended for digital interconnection: a regular RCA lead will be the incorrect impedence for use with S/PDIF and will result in signal corruption so i'm afraid you need the genuine article. I'm surprised that digital cables are so expensive in the US cos i've heard that they're cheaper than here in the UK. Shop around, i'm sure you'll find some cheaper than $100 somewhere.

Message 3/3                 Date: 18-Feb-01  @  11:21 PM   -   RE: 2 b or not 2 b digital cabels

k

use 70 Ohm cable & phono's - cheap

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum