0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: I used t be smart...

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4                 Date: 10-Feb-01  @  01:07 AM   -   I used t be smart...

seenull

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I used to know the answer to this, but then I spent three whole days thinking about it (work is fun...).
I need a mixer for my studio (PC, e6400, a virus ASAP). I've been looking mostly at the 1604VLZ, and the Alesis Studio 24. The thing that I'm now confused about is that the Studio 24 literature emphasizes the first 8 channels are MONO channels. Does this mean that I won't be able to pair two of them up to make a stereo pair? Because I really don't need ANY mono channels. Does this make sense? Am I going completely crazy? AAAGGGGHHHH!!!

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/4                 Date: 10-Feb-01  @  01:38 AM   -   RE: I used t be smart...

gb

8 mono channels will let you do the same as 4 stereo channels. And then some.

(2 Mono is more flexible than 1 stereo)

Message 3/4                 Date: 10-Feb-01  @  02:09 AM   -   RE: I used t be smart...

influx

Link?:  Link

you dont need any mono channels? you dont do drums? bass?

wow.

but anyway..yes...mono can be paired as GB said.

one thing about mixers..buy UP. buy more channels than you need.

if youre goin with the alesis, which Id say is a good choice, get the Studio32. 16 "mono" channels all the way across..none of this sneaky ass stereo pair shit.

good value too at $500 US low...

Message 4/4                 Date: 12-Feb-01  @  05:42 PM   -   RE: I used t be smart...

seenull

Thanks, guys. Hy head was a bit twisted when I posted that. Thanks for the input...

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum