0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: Phwoooaaarr!!! -

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6                 Date: 04-Feb-01  @  06:36 PM   -   Phwoooaaarr!!! -

k

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

heh heh check it out... Helios 4 band mixer... Helios mixers were used on all the early Zep, Stones & Hendrix recordings... yum!! -

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/6                 Date: 04-Feb-01  @  08:11 PM   -   RE: Phwoooaaarr!!! -

influx

Link?:  Link

my god!!!

look at that EQ section!! and...up there above the subgroup faders..is that EQ for the busses? whats all taht?

and those joysticks etc in the lower right?

damn that looks like a hell of a machine!

Message 3/6                 Date: 04-Feb-01  @  10:40 PM   -   RE: Phwoooaaarr!!! -

Jez

I'd take me ten years to figure how to use that thing...

Message 4/6                 Date: 05-Feb-01  @  05:01 AM   -   RE: Phwoooaaarr!!! -

casparproject

I worked in a studio that had one of
those in it. can't remember what
model it was though. it looked very
similar. very deep machine.

Peaceout

Message 5/6                 Date: 06-Feb-01  @  03:37 AM   -   RE: Phwoooaaarr!!! -

k

top modules are channel in's/eq modules.. ... ok so there are the in's at the top what you mix the band into (mic's) - 16 channels & 16 channel faders at the bottom - 8 blue subgroups also at bottom right... and above - middle section right 8 tape return modules i suppose - middle left, master & monitor section, monitor volume, studio buss feed volumes, masters routing etc - bottom right ??... fuck knows, cant see the text, but with the main bits grasped you can suss the rest by playing with the fine details which differs from mixer to mixer, but knowing really best how to get the best out of any mixer takes experience of it to some extent... - i'd say the one above is designed to work with an 8 track -

Message 6/6                 Date: 09-Feb-01  @  06:08 AM   -   RE: Phwoooaaarr!!! -

influx

and an engineer thats been around it for a while 
funny how suddenly I fucking drool over some big mean lookin analog mixer. the more knobs the better.

kilo...hehe...weve had our tiffs but man I still remember when I was overwhelmed by my alesis 1622..and you and pongoid and hilevelt and sedusa showed me the way

guess I should be nicer eh?

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum