0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: smooth mix

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5                 Date: 20-Jan-01  @  08:02 PM   -   smooth mix

rhythmhybrid

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I have a problem. When I start my mix I have the bass turned down on
the record im bringing in. It sound smoth when I do it but when I start to bring
the bass back up on that record and turn the other bass down it sound terible. Real noticable. What can I do about this?

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/5                 Date: 20-Jan-01  @  09:53 PM   -   RE: smooth mix

k

how so 'terrible' - you mean it is weaker than the previous bass on the previous plastic or what?

Message 3/5                 Date: 22-Jan-01  @  05:19 PM   -   RE: smooth mix

formant

Link?:  Link

try mixing in when the bassline isn't so thick...

also try cuttin the bass in and out to the beat, sometimes that is nice

um there is also no rule saying you have to bring the bass all the way back up if it still sounds good low.

all of this advice applies if you are using bass kills like on the djm300 etc not for normal eqs

jamey

Message 4/5                 Date: 22-Jan-01  @  05:46 PM   -   RE: smooth mix

djhippo303

Link?:  Link

there's no real trick to it. It's just a matter of practice and knowing your records. finding the points that blend the best. One of things that I've foundthat does work though(I assume your talking about the cancelation of the kick drum)is to completely kill the bass on the 8th measure of a build as I fade in next record, then kick it up about half way. a more subtle aproach is to take it slow, what makes things noticable are drastic changes, adjust the bass on the 2 channels in small increments over a period of time. Let your ears tell you how much adjustment is to much and back off a bit

Message 5/5                 Date: 07-Feb-01  @  06:06 AM   -   RE: smooth mix

knoxd43

Like "hippo" mentioned its a matter of practicing and knowing your records.But drastic changes are not always that bad you see cause'when you get to the point when you can identify wich records fit exactly with each other you will have a lot of fun throwing a tune over another and letting them "work" one with another

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum