0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: is it worth getting my monitors reconed?

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7                 Date: 13-Dec-00  @  02:17 PM   -   is it worth getting my monitors reconed?

r-tek

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

ok, so my monitors are fucked bigtime, they started getting a bit crackly sounding sometimes with this perforated sound a little while ago due to me getting a bit too carried away with some subs and now the right one`s all but dead  So will it cost a lot to get these things fixed (cheapy spirit absolute 2 things)? Please tell me so cos I`m really not looking to fork out any more wads of dough on my rig.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/7                 Date: 13-Dec-00  @  02:19 PM   -   RE: is it worth getting my monitors reconed?

r-tek

ok, so now the right one works again :-/ they`re still kinda crackly tho and I`m being careful with the levels, so d`you think I can get away with this? Mebbe sling a limiter over the main outs or summing just to be sure?

Message 3/7                 Date: 13-Dec-00  @  08:30 PM   -   RE: is it worth getting my monitors reconed?

k

soundcraft will send you some replacement cone/s no problem... just drop them in and voila !! - new speakers !!

Message 4/7                 Date: 13-Dec-00  @  08:32 PM   -   RE: is it worth getting my monitors reconed?

k

hey R-tek, if you pick 'em up from my yard in chelsea i'll order 'em trade for you if you like.

Message 5/7                 Date: 14-Dec-00  @  05:30 PM   -   RE: is it worth getting my monitors reconed?

r-tek

thats very kind of you that man - are they gonna be expensive tho? I`m prolly not gonna have the moolah till mid January when I get paid again cos of christmas and all, but I`ll take you up on that if the offers still open then?

Message 6/7                 Date: 14-Dec-00  @  09:13 PM   -   RE: is it worth getting my monitors reconed?

k

sure, mail me when you're ready mate, and we'll have a beer.

Message 7/7                 Date: 16-Dec-00  @  02:11 PM   -   RE: is it worth getting my monitors reconed?

r-tek

cool, will do.

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum