0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: First Production

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9                 Date: 08-Sep-00  @  11:54 AM   -   First Production

djdarrenobrien

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Hi im looking for some help if you can give it to me. Im looking for some advice on producing my own music. Iv e been djing for 4 years and i would now like to expand my horizons to include a few of my own tracks in my mixes. Looking for advice on what hardware/software i should consider using. Also any tips on production would also be very much apreciated.

Thanks in advance Darren

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/9                 Date: 09-Sep-00  @  04:29 AM   -   RE: First Production

Link?:  No link

How much money you are prepared to spend? Chekc out other forums for threads like "first peace of gear", "what should i buy" etc etc.
What's your style? using computers or not?

Just out of the wall i'd say buy some of those Rolands Groove Boxes MC-505 and what else there is. Since you're DJ they might suit your setup and i've heard ppl doing wicked things with them. Or maybe Yamaha RM1x...

...did you excpect to have an compact answer with perfect solution? You looking at the road which we all have been walkin for a while now. It takes money, skill, patience, research and little bit more of that patience if you have VIA's chipset on you PC ;)

Message 3/9                 Date: 09-Sep-00  @  09:54 AM   -   RE: First Production

SLANT I 2002

GET A GOOD RECORDER(IE ROLAND SERIES VS
1680/1880)IF YOUR POCKETS CAN AFFORD IT
OR GO THE COMPUTER ROUTE. PERSONALLY THE
COMPUTERS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE BETTER BUT,
THE LEARNING CURVE IS INCREDIBLE. I USE
A VS 1880 AND ALTHOUGH I'M NOT HAPPY WITH ROLAND AS A COMPANY THIS PRODUCT SHINES BECAUSE UNTIL YOU LEARN HOW TO MIX & MASTER PROPERLY THERE ARE LOTS OF
PRESETS AND TEMPLATES. ANOTHER PLACE TO START IS A GOOD SEQUENCER. I USE THE MPC
SOME PEOPLE DOG IT OUT BUT,ANY GOOD PROGRAMMER USING THIS WILL GIVE UP THERE
HEART BEFORE THIS PIECE.NOT EASY TO LEARN BUT,WORTH THE EFFORT PLUS PRODUCT SUPPORT ON THIS PIECE IS GREAT!ALSO A FINAL GOOD PRODUCT IS THE TRITON EXPENSIVE BUT WORTH EVERY BLOODY PENNY.
ALL MENTIONED PRODUCTS AREN'T CHEAP BUT IF YOU'RE SERIOUS AND THIS IS THE TIME TO DECIDE SPEND YOUR MONEY WISELY AND GET THE BEST YOU'LL THANK ME LATER.
OR DO AS I DID AND WASTE 5 YRS ON SUBSTITUTES. KEEP IN MIND THAT ONLY WORK IN SCHOOL AND EVEN THEN THEY SUCK!!
HOPE THIS HELPS........ONE

Message 4/9                 Date: 09-Sep-00  @  11:21 AM   -   RE: First Production

I'd get decent keyboard... without capslock
;)

Message 5/9                 Date: 09-Sep-00  @  03:00 PM   -   RE: First Production

Defector Z

Link?: Link

Slant I - get rid of the caps :-)

If you wanna do breaks and such, and MPC is great. If you wanna program your own beats, try the RM1X. The 505 is still rather expensive, even used, and you'll appreciate having everything in one box to start. Once your grow out of the synths, you'll keep the Rm1x for sequencing. If you have the dosh, consider the 505 as many people pro and amatuer alike use it. Don't be deterred by the "Groove" name - it's a hell of a tool.

Message 6/9                 Date: 09-Sep-00  @  08:14 PM   -   RE: First Production

influx

Link?:  Link

cheap sampler. cheap analog synth. cheap sequencer. make sure you really feel it, really want to do it. CAN write tracks.

THEN:

hehe. nice nu skool analog or two

Better sampler

Big mixer for flexibility

Compressors, EQs, outboard FX

Big powerful computer so you can brag about your system (unless you already have a big dick!)

Mastering processor like a TC or Focusrite.

Patchbays, cables, etc.

hehe.

Message 7/9                 Date: 10-Sep-00  @  09:40 PM   -   RE: First Production

Defector Z

Cheap smapler really gonna do it? I mean - if you're chopping up breaks and shit, doesn't that require lots o' space?

Message 8/9                 Date: 11-Sep-00  @  11:48 PM   -   RE: First Production

influx

Link?:  Link

well, I just saw an ESI32 for fuckin $250!!!!!!! and that holds 32 megs, so hell yeah thatll hold all yer samples!!!

Message 9/9                 Date: 12-Sep-00  @  07:51 AM   -   RE: First Production

k

choose your hardware based on the style you want to make i'd say

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum