0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: what should i start out with

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7                 Date: 04-Sep-00  @  11:38 AM   -   what should i start out with

dill43

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

hello. me and my friend want to get a turn table but dont know what we want to start out with. my friends brother knows some d.j.'s and he can get us pretty much anything for a bargain but i was just wondering what you guys thought would be a good set to start out with. anything will help.Thanks

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/7                 Date: 04-Sep-00  @  11:39 AM   -   what should i start out with

dill43

hello. me and my friend want to get a turn table but dont know what we want to start out with. my friends brother knows some d.j.'s and he can get us pretty much anything for a bargain but i was just wondering what you guys thought would be a good set to start out with. anything will help.Thanks

Message 3/7                 Date: 04-Sep-00  @  11:39 AM   -   what should i start out with

dill43

Message 4/7                 Date: 04-Sep-00  @  08:25 PM   -   RE: what should i start out with

point being

look man.. do it right get 2 sl 1200's and a dj mixer.. then ask your friends brother to hook you up with any of thier unwanted vinyl.. and then go to the local record stores and ask them for some a capella's and some early dj food records.. go home, and start learning

Message 5/7                 Date: 07-Sep-00  @  01:39 PM   -   RE: what should i start out with

djdarrenb

Link?: Link

Listen , you dont need to 1200 straight away. Just make sure that they are direct drive, s shaped tone arm, get a good stanton cartridge, probably best to start with something cheap like stanton 500's, a good 2 channel mixer with input for both phono and line , make sure the mixer has seperate gain, bass, mid, abd treble, on each channel, mic port, and youre away. Your crossfader should depend on what youre playing a nice short loose crossfader for hip hop etc, long fader for progressive, breaks and beats, trance etc, and a happy medium for house. Loads of practice blag a few gigs and get youre self know good luck!!!

Message 6/7                 Date: 08-Sep-00  @  05:23 PM   -   RE: what should i start out with

Martin L

Link?: Link

What will you be doin with the turntables?! ( dumb, stoopid ass question   ) No seriously, you are sayin " a turntable " in your message. So you might just wanna start scratchin am I right?! ( even though I dont think so, because you mentioned DJ , later in your thread )

Enuff with the message analyzing!

If you wanna DJ, just go with the 1200, and some crappy 2 channel mixer, like some other dudes said. If you wanna scratch you should get.....the same - 1 turntable?!?

Message 7/7                 Date: 30-Sep-00  @  04:59 AM   -   RE: what should i start out with

opus636

i purchased a real cool item a few weeks ago its called the redsound bpm efx unit. if you wanna chk it out try WWW.redsound.com a british web site this unit is the silver item not the PRO its a DJ efx unit that has a joystick its kindalike a korg kaoss pad with more features. i will sell it for the price i paid for it $216 normally it goes for $400 sorry for the spam

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum