0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: Mixer, subgroups, and the soundcard...

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3                 Date: 01-Sep-00  @  10:14 AM   -   Mixer, subgroups, and the soundcard...

Defector Z

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Okay - here are the facts...

Mixer = Mackie 20crx 4 subgroups, each with a separate out...

Soundcard = Darla. 2 analog ins (L&R)

Currently, I am sending my signal to the soundcard via the Main Outs. Sometimes, I'll switch to the Aux sends if I am recording vox and accoustic stuff so I can hear the click track, and the music, but record neither in the audio.

The question is this. What do I gain by assigning all of my inputs to 2 subgroups, and then have each subgroup go to the PC soundcard, if any? I don't see as I would, but the Mixer section suggested I do this. So I am curious. Thanks!

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/3                 Date: 01-Sep-00  @  04:40 PM   -   RE: Mixer, subgroups, and the soundcard...

k

Link?:  No link

cos you can assign one or any combination of input channels to the subs to route stuff easily to the pc...

Message 3/3                 Date: 01-Sep-00  @  05:52 PM   -   RE: Mixer, subgroups, and the soundcard...

Defector Z

Link?:  No link

Okay - so I can choose which instrument I choose to record to the PC, while all others are playing? Hmmmm...I'm thinking that can be pretty handy...

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum