0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: dj start out

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4                 Date: 27-Aug-00  @  06:44 PM   -   dj start out

composit1

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I wanted to become a dj for a while but never had the money.
I was wondering when I get my equipment how do i go about getting vinyl. I want to spin jungle. Do i just buy any junle 12" i see?

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/4                 Date: 28-Aug-00  @  07:06 AM   -   RE: dj start out

formant

Link?:  Link

buy records you like. if you like certain djs that play out, find out some of the artists and labels they like and start buying that.

the more records you buy you will find your dj tastes evolving over time and you will have no problem picking out stuff you like and you will have a different sound than everyone else (hopefully) by then.

also i highly recommend the pioneer djm300 mixer... best mixer in its price range and i have owned like 5 or 6 mixers in the past 8 years.

jamey

Message 3/4                 Date: 01-Sep-00  @  08:54 AM   -   RE: dj start out

chris

Link?: Link

I use the DJM300 too, and *really* like it.

There are drawbacks though: no adjustable monitor output, quiet headphone output and it's no proper headphone *mixing* between the two channels

Some other mixers have effectively a cross-fader on the headphones, which can be very useful in situations where the monitoring is crap.

Message 4/4                 Date: 02-Sep-00  @  06:49 AM   -   RE: dj start out

formant

Link?:  Link

i disagree about the headphone output... are you sure your cans aren't just old or shot? i just replaced the drivers in my audio technica headphones and i can't bring the monitor knob past 9oclock!

yeah, the numarks (although they break easy) have a very nice feature that allows you to crossfade between the program and the house in whatever amount you need so you can hear.

i am one of those djs who never takes the headphones off and i get along with the djm300 just fine. even though you can't crossfade, you can listen to the total mix, one side only, both sides or the total versus one side each in one ear (which i like but most don't)

the crossfader on the djm300 is so fast and light you can practically flick it across from one side to the other.

let us know what you end up with.

jamey

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum