0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: Replacing ol' Numark....

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7                 Date: 17-Aug-00  @  03:05 AM   -   Replacing ol' Numark....

Balcra

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi

I have an old Numark mixer (a hangover from my DJ days) which I'm looking to replace with a studio mixer (for dance music - shock! horror!).

I have an An1X, ESI32 turbo, SW10000000, couple of soft synths etc...no mic stuff required....

What would you recommend? I want to have fun with EQ (so swept midrange is 'in') but apart from that I'm open to suggestion (as ever)....

Ta.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/7                 Date: 17-Aug-00  @  07:07 AM   -   RE: Replacing ol' Numark....

Jasper

the behringer 2642 gives you 8 mono channels and 4 stereo channels with mid swept on the monos, and 3 band eq on the stereos (could be 4 band) also gives you 4 sub-outs and 6 aux send/returns.

for 260 quid new its a fecking bargain.

erm, you probably won't be sweeping the mid mutch live, especially once you get into mixing proper.. best to get some kind of outboard eq and a compressor/limiter then you can really go wild with extreme eqing.
doing it live to the mix mid will just compromise the main mix.

Message 3/7                 Date: 17-Aug-00  @  08:15 AM   -   RE: Replacing ol' Numark....

Defector Z

Link?: Link

I recommend Mackie - yeah, I've said it before. You can't go wrong with a 1604vlz, or even the CFX models. I have the CFX20 and it is a typical Mackie product. Straight forward, quiet as all hell, sturdy, yada-yada-yada. More pricey than the Behringers, but hey - you get what you pay for.

Message 4/7                 Date: 17-Aug-00  @  06:30 PM   -   RE: Replacing ol' Numark....

Balcra

Thanks guys. I had a quick scout about and couldn't find the Behringer for 260UKP...where should I be looking?

Message 5/7                 Date: 20-Aug-00  @  07:00 AM   -   RE: Replacing ol' Numark....

k

heh - thats wierd cos Numark distribute behringer in the uk  

Message 6/7                 Date: 20-Aug-00  @  07:02 AM   -   RE: Replacing ol' Numark....

Balcra

I ended up getting a Mackie 1402. Mainly 'cos the local outlet didn't have any Behringers in stock (seem to be in short supply) and that Behringer have announced a 30% price increase....plus the Mackie is small and fits around my other gear (the Spirit Folio was an option, had sweepable mid but too big [goes too far back]).

Cheers

Message 7/7                 Date: 20-Aug-00  @  10:54 AM   -   RE: Replacing ol' Numark....

Balcra

Ah K...well this numark is about 8-9 years old...in fact I said numark when I realised that was my old old mixer...it got superceded by, of all things, a Maplin mixer...they did a model some 4 years ago which some sound guys I used to know reckon'd was superior to most of the other DJ efforts at the time....

Anyway..I digress.

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum