0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: Hisss!

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4                 Date: 09-Aug-00  @  09:52 AM   -   Hisss!

rlabarca

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

This damn background hiss is killing me!

If I EQ it out, I lose too many highs. I use denoiser plugins for my recordings, but it's tough to get it right without killing subtle decays and certain harmonics. It also doesn't help live...

I try to keep power away from audio cables and I use good cables.

My Mackie 1404 vlz is low noise itself, but when everything is plugged in, it just accumulates to an annoying level... My drumstation is one of the worst, spitting out hiss like crazy (not from the connection but from the box itself).

Does anyone have any tips to clean up the sound? EQ? Wires? Some magic box?

What do the pros do?

thanks!

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/4                 Date: 09-Aug-00  @  09:57 AM   -   Hisss!

rlabarca

Link?:  Link

This damn background hiss is killing me!

If I EQ it out, I lose too many highs. I use denoiser plugins for my recordings, but it's tough to get it right without killing subtle decays and certain harmonics. It also doesn't help live...

I try to keep power away from audio cables and I use good cables.

My Mackie 1404 vlz is low noise itself, but when everything is plugged in, it just accumulates to an annoying level... My drumstation is one of the worst, spitting out hiss like crazy (not from the connection but from the box itself).

Does anyone have any tips to clean up the sound? EQ? Wires? Some magic box?

What do the pros do?

thanks!

Message 3/4                 Date: 09-Aug-00  @  04:56 PM   -   RE: Hisss!

teknoguy

Link?: Link

what I would recomend is getting yourself a nice little lowpass filter and strick it on the out end of your mixer, then just sweep out all of that hiss, no resonance or anything. Thats what I tend to do when sampling, cause my mic sucks.

Message 4/4                 Date: 10-Aug-00  @  06:31 AM   -   RE: Hisss!

Jasper

Link?:  No link

for really bad offenders you could try a gate, but just wacking up the volume as mutch as possible from the source. oh and check the volume settings from your sequencer. velocity and volume (controler 7) levels. and then the overall volume if it affects the particular sound. plus you might even be able to squeeze some more out. eg, the a3k's separate outs are terrible for noise. but apart from the above you can alse wack the gain up on the filter section.

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum