0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: Sountrac mixers...

Viewing all 12 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/12                 Date: 03-Aug-00  @  09:21 AM   -   Sountrac mixers...

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Any opinions then? Didn't find anything on threads on these. Have anybody used them?

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/12                 Date: 03-Aug-00  @  09:22 AM   -   RE: Sountrac mixers...

And i naturally mean SOUNDTRACs :/

Message 3/12                 Date: 05-Aug-00  @  08:37 AM   -   RE: Sountrac mixers...

k

nice mixers if you get one a decent price.

Message 4/12                 Date: 06-Aug-00  @  07:57 AM   -   RE: Sountrac mixers...

Link?: Link

I'm buying first "big" mixer (to go with Hoontech) and want to start mixing with _real_ knobs. This is rather old subject but once again
could you enlight (again)(K?):

-Soundtracs TOPAZ 14-4 (10 mono, 2 stereo, 2 aux, 3eq, 2sub) about £215

-Behringer MX2004A (4 buss,8mono with 3EQ "semipara Mid", 4stereo with 4EQ, 2aux, PF, 2+2sub) £217

(soundtracs
and
behringer)

I'm quite lost with these specs, subs , busses, groups. It's all one fuzz for me.. I won't be doing much of multitrack recording but just outboard mixdown with h/w FX.

AND I'd like to know which one of these bloody things would be better for EUPHORICTRANCE FOR FUCK*S SAKE?!

...had to let that out... ;-]

thank YOU

Message 5/12                 Date: 06-Aug-00  @  09:45 AM   -   RE: Sountrac mixers...

k

well mate it depends how you work... i prefer to mix live in realtime, doing as much as possible with my hands and only using a controller where physically it is impossible to do the effect otherwise. also tho i can see the advantages, and have been getting also into mixing with complete remote everything. -- - of the two mixers get the behringer - more channels, better eq i'd say. um... but i dont know anything about your system so i dunno how you'd use it...

Message 6/12                 Date: 06-Aug-00  @  09:59 AM   -   RE: Sountrac mixers...

oh gosh did i left it out: computer, synth, vitalizer, multiFX... and like i said I'm ordering Hoontech soon.

Yep. I thought Behringer would be better... it seems to be allways behringer unless something

Bit of basic/stupid question: what's controller? what can you do with it? What's it got to do with mixer?

I prefer also getting my hands dirty and doing it physically

Message 7/12                 Date: 06-Aug-00  @  10:02 AM   -   RE: Sountrac mixers...

I was supposed to say that it seems to be usually Behringer when on low budget... unless second-hand.

Message 8/12                 Date: 06-Aug-00  @  10:53 AM   -   RE: Sountrac mixers...

Defector Z

Look for a s/h Mackie. Be patient and something will show up - I've had two and loved 'em. Hated selling my 1202vlz, but after getting the CFX20, I didn't need it anymore. Check out the Mackie's, seriously.

Message 9/12                 Date: 06-Aug-00  @  12:22 PM   -   RE: Sountrac mixers...

I'd love to have mackie but they are way too expensive and ppl don't sell them. Yesterday I saw post someone selling 1202 for 180 quid (=about $300 i guess) but i was few hours late... other thant that i haven't seen them for sale in 3 months.

I just came from electronicmusic festival KONESITO. Saw Luke Slater and Bentley Rhythm Ace: awesome.
And take look of that link there. They were soooooo funky and wicked live. Ab Fab!!!

and HEY! also chekced out few of you tracks and MAAAAN, DUUUUDE or whatever ;) i was impressed. Dueling men. I loved that.

Message 10/12                 Date: 07-Aug-00  @  08:13 AM   -   RE: Sountrac mixers...

Defector Z

Glad you liked the tracks. :-) Not everyone's cup of tea, I know. My wife likes Where Your Path Narrows and Dueling Mans. They're okay - not MY favorite, tho.

Good luck on the regatta - I as SOOOOO jealous. My father is racing this Sunday, but I already have plans and I am PISSED!! I haven't raced in two years and I am dying!!!!!

The reason noone is selling should be reason enough for you to CHILL and be patient :-) They are great boards and worth the wait/price. They last a LONG time and sound fantastic. Do yourself the favor... Also remember that they hold their value. If you buy used and take care of it, when it comes time to sell, it'll be fetch what you paid.

Message 11/12                 Date: 07-Aug-00  @  12:33 PM   -   RE: Sountrac mixers...

Have you done your Led Zeppelin? Dueling man reminded me of Battle of Evermore. But that wouldn't be much of a suprise... But when that rhythm came in i was sold... I'd experiment more with that sort of stuff. It really fits in if somebody asked my opinion. Aberration is right now on headphones. Tell you more about that tomorrow.

Spakonoi noche

Message 12/12                 Date: 07-Aug-00  @  12:47 PM   -   RE: Sountrac mixers...

Defector Z

yeah - I was a huge fan of Zeppelin years ago. I still am, I guess, and greatly influenced by them, but I don't listen much anymore. I prefer electronica (sorry all) much more. :-) But, yeah - I know the track. Great song. Unfortunately, I don't know how to PLAY the mandolin. I just messed with it for that track - I am really a guitar player.

hope you like the other tracks. let me know what you think. My host has stats and I can see where people are coming from to download my tracks and it's funny because there are people from all over the work listening. It's really amazing. I followed that link to the Finnish garage. GOOD STUFF!! Can't understand a word, but so what!! I really like it. :-)

Dobre noch!

Viewing all 12 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 12 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum