0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: What are good active speakers for TRANCE,GOA

Viewing all 34 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4

Original Message 1/34                 Date: 28-Jul-00  @  11:04 AM   -   What are good active speakers for TRANCE,GOA

swoosh666

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Any advicers out there can tell me what are good active monitors for trance and goatrance and progressive trance music,are the genelec 1029A good...
pls advice ....any suggestions will be appreciated,thanks

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/34                 Date: 28-Jul-00  @  06:40 PM   -   RE: What are good active speakers for TRANCE,GOA

Defector Z

Link?: Link

I think any studio monitor would work. The idea is for a flat response. Not to avoid the question, but monitors have been hammered out many times before in the Music&Tech chat and if you run a search on "monitors", you're sure to come up with quite a bit.

Message 3/34                 Date: 29-Jul-00  @  08:34 AM   -   RE: What are good active speakers for TRANCE,GOA

johnny

I've heard it all now...

How long before someone asks "what cables do I need for progressive intelligent deep euphoric trance???"

Message 4/34                 Date: 29-Jul-00  @  10:33 AM   -   RE: What are good active speakers for TRANCE,GOA

damballah

Link?:  Link

Well? What cables? I think that's the problem with my progressive intelligent deep euphoric trance -- it's got too much of that "country rock cable" sound.

Message 5/34                 Date: 29-Jul-00  @  07:56 PM   -   RE: What are good active speakers for TRANCE,GOA

nobody

hmm.. i can get you some really woody laid back sounding cables at a good price. also i have access to super punchy upfront cabling. just aks man. or get them cables from wacky kovacy (real cablist). cable is cable, none makes your signal any better, it just makes it worse in varying degrees. happy? that said, the mackie hr824's f*cking kick.

Message 6/34                 Date: 29-Jul-00  @  09:08 PM   -   RE: What are good active speakers for TRANCE,GOA

damballah

Woody! No shit? Let Sitar know. Actually what I need to spring for is one of those Elco-to-TRS- jack snakes so I get from board to ADAT balanced and at +4. But car repair just ate my 'quipment budget fer a while.

Anyway, the type of monitors has nuttin' to do with the type of music. You're looking for something both detailed and uncolored so you really know what the frequencies are doing and you can mix from there. A mix on a good set of monitors will be portable, that is, good sounding on the large variety of systems out there in the real world. Do what Mister DZ said, Swoosh.

Message 7/34                 Date: 30-Jul-00  @  07:20 AM   -   RE: What are good active speakers for TRANCE,GOA

nobody

and support my business 'Nobody's Cables'

Message 8/34                 Date: 01-Aug-00  @  07:40 PM   -   RE: What are good active speakers for TRANCE,GOA

smartass

deep euphoric trance is all you have to say. It is usually intelligent, and always progressive (pop-style aside)  

Message 9/34                 Date: 02-Aug-00  @  09:16 AM   -   RE: What are good active speakers for TRANCE,GOA

damballah

could you find it in your heart to pardon our stupidity?

Message 10/34                 Date: 02-Aug-00  @  05:43 PM   -   RE: What are good active speakers for TRANCE,GOA

**tig**

deep......euphoric.......intelligent......progressive? Meaning? can I listen to some shallow, dumb trance please?

Message 11/34                 Date: 03-Aug-00  @  05:43 AM   -   RE: What are good active speakers for TRANCE,GOA

Jasper

I could upload some of my early attempts before I shamefully went back to writing techno.

Message 12/34                 Date: 03-Aug-00  @  09:27 AM   -   RE: What are good active speakers for TRANCE,GOA

what coloured mac do i need 4 making sum phat kixass trance muzik

Message 13/34                 Date: 03-Aug-00  @  10:05 AM   -   RE: What are good active speakers for TRANCE,GOA

Forgive me... :]

Message 14/34                 Date: 03-Aug-00  @  03:17 PM   -   RE: What are good active speakers for TRANCE,GOA

r-tek

its actually the colour of the midi cables, not the Mac that makes all the difference. Green is good for trance methinks, but yellow is definately preferable for the drum and bass stylee.

Message 15/34                 Date: 04-Aug-00  @  06:00 AM   -   RE: What are good active speakers for TRANCE,GOA

Jasper

man there are some great tips going down here, have you ever tried resting all you equipment on it's side to get a better bass? it aint so good for techno though.. I find a cactus on each speaker helps to soak up the bad vibes in a track.. but you need to mic up you speakers to get the full effect..

keep em coming!

Message 16/34                 Date: 04-Aug-00  @  01:57 PM   -   RE: What are good active speakers for TRANCE,GOA

johnny

It all depends on which shop you buy your gear from. You'll get better trance sounds out of your Nova if you get it from Digital Village. For real deep bass, check Dawsons. I got my Nord from Turnkey but it was no good for ambient-techno, so I returned it and got another one from the M-Corp. Sounds great.

Message 17/34                 Date: 04-Aug-00  @  03:08 PM   -   RE: What are good active speakers for TRANCE,GOA

damballah

Don't forget about dressing appropriately, also. F'rinstance:

Message 18/34                 Date: 04-Aug-00  @  03:19 PM   -   RE: What are good active speakers for TRANCE,GOA

Defector Z

Breakin' again Damballah?

Message 19/34                 Date: 04-Aug-00  @  05:38 PM   -   RE: What are good active speakers for TRANCE,GOA

damballah

Link?: Link

Nah, that ain't me. That's one of them E-tards you've been hearing so much about. A local rave "promoter" has a site ^^^ that has pictures of his friends "rolling."

Message 20/34                 Date: 04-Aug-00  @  05:55 PM   -   RE: What are good active speakers for TRANCE,GOA

r-tek

so *thats* why I gave up drugs. Ummm.......whats he doing anyway? That some kinda dance? Just say no kids.

Message 21/34                 Date: 05-Aug-00  @  08:45 AM   -   RE: What are good active speakers for TRANCE,GOA

Defector Z

So it's true!!! r-tek IS Nancy Reagan!!!! I was right all along!

Nice try Damballah, but I know the truth! Dudes got some moves... I can do the catepillar. :-o

Message 22/34                 Date: 05-Aug-00  @  04:25 PM   -   RE: What are good active speakers for TRANCE,GOA

Nancy Reagan

ah bugger, been found out. Gotta go, Rons colostomy bag needs changing ;) Oh, and I must remember to change the formaldehyde in the jar we keep his brain in, its starting to smell a bit. Funny really, we pickled it in 1968 and nobody noticed any differnce..........including me.......except from the fact he stopped using his car-keys to pick the wax out of his ear.

Message 23/34                 Date: 08-Aug-00  @  05:25 AM   -   RE: What are good active speakers for TRANCE,GOA

Jasper

what the fuck is that site all about then???

is it some king of 'special' or what we call 'learning difficulties' in the community site?

it don't make sense..

Message 24/34                 Date: 08-Aug-00  @  10:14 PM   -   RE: What are good active speakers for TRANCE,GOA

damballah

I think those kid rode what we call "the short bus."

Do you guys have "the short bus" on that side of the pond or is it a U.S. "innovation"?

DZ, I wish I was that young and stupid again sometimes, but then again...

Message 25/34                 Date: 09-Aug-00  @  07:17 AM   -   RE: What are good active speakers for TRANCE,GOA

Jasper

'the short bus'?

you mean like 'window lickers'?

Message 26/34                 Date: 09-Aug-00  @  07:39 AM   -   RE: What are good active speakers for TRANCE,GOA

defector Z

Ah, Damballah. I said I COULD do it, not I SHOULD do it. I'd pull a few muscles and be laid up for a week if I tried that shit now. :-)

And what the heck is a short bus?

Message 27/34                 Date: 09-Aug-00  @  08:02 AM   -   RE: What are good active speakers for TRANCE,GOA

damballah

Maybe it's a midwestern thang. See, the normal kids would ride to school on the regular sized bus and the "special" or "learning difficulties" kids would get there on a school bus that looks the same but only has like six rows of seats and a reallly patient driver. Therefore, by saying someone rode the short bus means they're, oh, "special."

And then they grow up to produce trance. hehehe.  

Message 28/34                 Date: 09-Aug-00  @  10:19 AM   -   RE: What are good active speakers for TRANCE,GOA

Defector Z

Ahhh. I know what you are talking about - we have those on the east too, just don't think I ever heard that term before - except for Filter's first album.

Message 29/34                 Date: 11-Aug-00  @  08:10 PM   -   RE: What are good active speakers for TRANCE,GOA

GT

damballah,

....its also called the 'tard cart'  

Message 30/34                 Date: 11-Aug-00  @  09:35 PM   -   RE: What are good active speakers for TRANCE,GOA

Defector Z

That's not very nice...

Message 31/34                 Date: 12-Aug-00  @  05:45 AM   -   RE: What are good active speakers for TRANCE,GOA

r-tek

we used to call them the spazmowagon.........I guess we weren`t very nice kids.

Message 32/34                 Date: 12-Aug-00  @  11:27 AM   -   RE: What are good active speakers for TRANCE,GOA

damballah

Kids aren't very nice. They're evil. South Park is closer to true than Leave it to Beaver (Timmy!).

Message 33/34                 Date: 14-Aug-00  @  07:30 AM   -   RE: What are good active speakers for TRANCE,GOA

Jasper

yeah the 'spazmobile' down midlands way.

and a 'spaz chariot' is one of those blue plastic invalid cars.

Message 34/34                 Date: 15-Aug-00  @  04:30 PM   -   RE: What are good active speakers for TRANCE,GOA

r-tek

heh heh, me mates dad had one of those motors in Junior school, top car that was.

Viewing all 34 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4

There are 34 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum