0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: 01V and/or Delta 1010 ?

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/10                 Date: 26-Jul-00  @  07:01 AM   -   01V and/or Delta 1010 ?

gb

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I have a few synths and drum machines and I use Cakewalk 9. I'd like to use a mixer, add some effects, record some tracks, add more effects and so on.

Reading a bit about the Midiman Delta 1010 and the Yamaha 01V, I'm getting quite a bit confused about what to do.
I'm pretty sure I want the knobs and sliders on the 01V to adjust various parameters, rather than the PC GUI needed to control the 1010 mixer. Also, I think I want the built-in effects of the 01V.
But obviously, some sort of hardware is required in the PC in order to record the outputs from the 01V.

Would it make any sense to have both the 1010 and the 01V ? Could the 01V outputs be routed to the 1010 without quality loss ?

Or would it be a better idea to get some other sort of interface for the PC, and then add another 01V (or 1010) later if I need more inputs ?

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/10                 Date: 26-Jul-00  @  09:29 AM   -   RE: 01V and/or Delta 1010 ?

99devils

Probably the best thing to do to interface an 01V to a PC is to get an ADAT card for both the mixer and PC. This solution is going to get expensive, though ($1500 01V, $250 ADAT expansion, $300-500 for ADAT card). The 01V, though, can be programmed as a MIDI fader box, you could tweak software mixing from the 01V's control surface.

-Craig

Message 3/10                 Date: 28-Jul-00  @  06:31 AM   -   RE: 01V and/or Delta 1010 ?

gb

Thanks, Craig.

Which ADAT card should I get for the PC ?

Message 4/10                 Date: 28-Jul-00  @  07:00 PM   -   RE: 01V and/or Delta 1010 ?

k

hammerfall, adat8 - RME - they should be in the der-links section

Message 5/10                 Date: 28-Jul-00  @  07:03 PM   -   RE: 01V and/or Delta 1010 ?

k

Link?: Link

there's the link - check them out VERY low asio latency -

Message 6/10                 Date: 28-Jul-00  @  09:13 PM   -   RE: 01V and/or Delta 1010 ?

Defector Z

So has anyone actually USED a Delta 1010? The specs are fab, the reviews have been great, but I have seen no user reviews. Anyone have any experience?

Message 7/10                 Date: 31-Jul-00  @  04:53 AM   -   RE: 01V and/or Delta 1010 ?

gb

Thanks, k

I assume the DIGI9652 - Project Hammerfall - is the best choice here ?

Message 8/10                 Date: 24-Aug-00  @  09:42 AM   -   RE: 01V and/or Delta 1010 ?

chris

You don't need ADAT if you're just taking the single stereo digital output signal from the 01v to PC.

I take the SPDIF signal from my 01v directly into my SB Live.

Depends if you *really* want to mix grouped outputs from the 01v within the PC. I do all my mixing on the 01v.

Message 9/10                 Date: 24-Aug-00  @  10:53 AM   -   RE: 01V and/or Delta 1010 ?

gb

Hmmm...

But maybe having 8 ins and 8 outs is more flexible ?

I could record 8 voices at a time, storing the 'unprocessed' waves in the computer, and then route them back to the 01v later and add dynamics, EQ & FX, and then record those outputs 8 at a time ?

Is this a good idea, and would everything stay digital at all times ? I mean, is the ADAT protocol safe so that you don't lose data when sending stuff back and forth between the computer and the 01v ?

BTW, I already got the 01v and UPS is supposed to show up with the Project Hammerfall and some other goodies pretty soon.

Message 10/10                 Date: 30-Aug-00  @  05:10 AM   -   RE: 01V and/or Delta 1010 ?

chris

My set-up is built around live performance, so all the kit is running off sequenced midi.

I start with that in mind then mix production tracks afterwards.

That's why I only use the stereo digital output from the 01v...

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum