0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: whinning about my new digittal mixer!

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3                 Date: 28-Jun-00  @  10:52 PM   -   whinning about my new digittal mixer!

ausar7

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

hey i jus bought a( at the advice of my techie freind) tmd1000 i think i might have made a mistake!!
im really tired of learning curves and this thing is down right weird i put my synth through and it totally fucked up the sound!!its not very intuitive at all. automated or not who want to scroll through a lcd screen jus to fuck with eq .....ok i think thats enough! my question is is ne one familiar with this thing and why should i shouldnt take this thing back and get a mackie.

p.s. i dont mean to sound grumpy but this shit is so frustatrating

p.p.s. i m buying a adat in a couple a days

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/3                 Date: 29-Jun-00  @  12:01 PM   -   RE: whinning about my new digittal mixer!

k

Link?:  No link

hmm... and you also made equally sure that the adat is what you need before purchasing it?.. all digital mixers except the top-end mega-consoles are menu & cursors & lcd screens for eq, fx, mixing etc.. all of it works like that... didnt you check that aspect of it out before buying a dig mixer?.. also digital clipping sounds like shit.. so mebbe your overloading something so it sound shit ?... just give it time.. i dont know this model, but isnt there a control s/w for it?.. or an interface for your sequencer ??

i mean mate you need to check shit out before you fling your cash about... you say your about to buy an adat, that mixer doesnt connect to an adat without a special extra item, 'format converter', from tascam ... do they actually MAKE this item yet?... i thought it was 'coming soon'... anyways... watch that cos you gotta research more... see, that mixer has 8 analog & 8 tascam digital inputs so if you are NOT going to use digital cobnnectors from your pc card or tascam/adat etc (assuming this converter is on the market already), then is that what you want.. only 8 analog in's... or did you always plan to use the other 8 for your planned adat ??... anyone know about the format converter ??

ah.. this from SoS: - 'Tascam's bi-directional TDIF/ADAT converter costs £175 for eight channels, but I'll be most surprised if we don't find these being bundled with the desk at a much lower price' - more money tho eh?? - mebbe you should get an 8 channel adat card and save some money on the adat ?... but then you gotta think about s/w, pc/mac spec's and storage/drive space for the recorded pc audio - so you'd needa backup device like a jaz or zip at least

Message 3/3                 Date: 29-Jun-00  @  03:09 PM   -   RE: whinning about my new digittal mixer!

k

Link?: Link

well, by huge co-incidence there is a tutorial site for the tmd1000 - see that link, it might help you out

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum