0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: basic mixer logic

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7                 Date: 19-Jun-00  @  04:52 AM   -   basic mixer logic

simirlendirmein beni

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

ok. iamgonna buy a compact mixer. i need some info about basic principles of routing.

Lets say that the mixer have 2 aux sends. Is it possible to (or is it logical?) route one or more channels to aux 1 (sampler rec-in), just for sampling some basic stuff.

im asking this because i dont want to plug & unplug everytime i want to record something to the sampler.

Are the aux send signals passes from gain and EQ first? or does it differs from mixer to mixer.

and the same thing goes for auxsend 2 for line-in of the soundcard.

thanks anyway.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/7                 Date: 19-Jun-00  @  05:04 AM   -   RE: basic mixer logic

Jasper

yeah you can do that but it's going to be in mono (aux sends are mono) unless you can use two AND pan them.

I got round this by connecting my sampler to the record send from my amp.. this way you can sample everything.

you'll probably find on a cheaper desk with 2 aux that one is fixed post-fade and the other is switchable pre or pos-fade.

Message 3/7                 Date: 19-Jun-00  @  05:23 AM   -   RE: basic mixer logic

simirlendirmein beni

thanks..
so that i can use aux returns as extra input?

Message 4/7                 Date: 19-Jun-00  @  10:50 AM   -   RE: basic mixer logic

Jasper

yes, generally the aux are used for fx returns.

Message 5/7                 Date: 07-Jul-00  @  02:39 PM   -   RE: basic mixer logic

99devils

Kilo's got lots of mixer type info like you're looking for under the Dancetech Selektor, top left dropdown box.

-Craig

Message 6/7                 Date: 13-Jul-00  @  03:02 AM   -   RE: basic mixer logic

gs

try and get a mixer with subgroups that have their own outputs and it'll make it easier.

Message 7/7                 Date: 13-Jul-00  @  11:41 PM   -   RE: basic mixer logic

damballah

Link?:  Link

absolutely. one of the overlooked features when people first get a mixer are its routing options. and that's the thing that'll make everything so much easier later. subs, auxes, pre/post switching, direct outs, inserts. they're all your friends.

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum