0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: Mix Wizard

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2                 Date: 18-Jun-00  @  09:06 PM   -   Mix Wizard

Pongoid

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

Anybody tried one of these out yet? Got a couple friends with them, and so far, they seem amazing.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/2                 Date: 18-Jun-00  @  09:58 PM   -   RE: Mix Wizard

______

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I love my WZ20S. Someday if i have the space & money i plan to get a GL2200, or in theory maybe a GS3000 (right). MixWizards are supposedly built to the same spec as the GL2200. The control room outs on mine are a bit hissier than any others on the desk but then again it's ok i guess. Still, i'd rather have paid $30 or $40 more for better op amps there, like everywhere else etc etc etc. Oh but then anyway, the control outs have got extensive monitoring routing controls, really... $950 is what i paid & i am quite satisfied with that. Even if i do get a bigger mixer someday it'll be the same brand. And they're all modular! For those that may read this & not know, that simply means each channel is it's own pc board/boards so that working on it, repair or whatever is much easier.. or say maybe a channel could break down. One could then remove that channel & keep the rest of the mixer while it was gone. But i have read & heard from little birds that the Allen & Heath mixers have a great reputation for reliability when not abused, mishandled, stomped on or pissed in. And they have sharp edges; rack 'em up   Buy one today. ;)

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum