0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: yamaha 01/01V

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3                 Date: 02-Jun-00  @  05:44 AM   -   yamaha 01/01V

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

so does anyone use either of these desks or what???? there seems 2 b lots of people using 02r (as theres loads of info on the internet), but i cant find out much, especially about the Promix 01.
so does anyone actually use the Promix or has anyone got rid of one 2 buy an 01v??
the 01 is only about £400-500 UK and seems a bit of a bargain!!
but what are the effects and processors like (by todays standards) and how flexible are they i.e. can i compress all 16 channels with the 3 compressors and can use the effects creatively with all the channels.
or is it definitely better saving a bit more cash 4 the 01v, bearing in mind i`m writng dance music and i dont need 2 record loads of channels at one time.
any user comments would b very much appreciated!!

thanks.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/3                 Date: 08-Jun-00  @  07:00 AM   -   RE: yamaha 01/01V

you

Link?:  No link

I got a secondhand Promix10, like for no money.
Best buy in years, the effects are nice, i don't like long reverb, for me they have to be very short, something like a small wooden box. And the promix01 can de that, the chorus is OK, never use it actually, the pitchshifter works great for adding body to the whole mix.
You can route 2 compressors to the send 3 or 4 , or just 1 when you want it in stereo. The send1&2 are fixed stereo. The reverb section also has a lowpass cutoff and a highpass cutoff. Very nice. Don't want no bloody reverb on my basskick! EQ-ing is available on each input/output, also on the effects & compressors input&ouput. It's a very versatile machine, with lots of overhead, I drive it constantly up to 20db or so, doesn't distort anything. EQ-ing has 9 parameters which is more then enough, all midi routable, thus a notch going up & down to make your hihats dance a little more is an option you have on each track. Panning has a bug tho, when doing panning from midi it clicks. That sucks but hey, thaz life.
Lots of space to save virtually any setup including effects parameters and such. It used to be a pretty pro machine, it's defeated ofcourse by it's new brothers but it still is a very high end mixingtable.
I wouldn't be without mine, I did an upgrade from a noisy analoque behringer 8 track mixboard to this.
I'm in love

Message 3/3                 Date: 13-Jun-00  @  09:45 AM   -   RE: yamaha 01/01V

pongoid

Link?:  Link

Used the o1v in the studio and seen a guy using one live for quad stuff. Very clean, but a bit dry and digital sounding. Cool if you're into that sound.

Ape

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum