0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: What equipment?

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8                 Date: 29-May-00  @  08:17 AM   -   What Do I Need?

Brucle

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi,
I want to start DJing but need to know exactly what equipment I will need to start creating Trance music. I have have no fucking idea what to buy and I have a small budget so will only want the bear essentails.
Bruce.
South Africa

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/8                 Date: 29-May-00  @  08:26 AM   -   RE: What equipment?

k

well do you mean Dj-ing with decks?.. or making toons with music/synth/drums/s-ware etc equipment... ?

Message 3/8                 Date: 29-May-00  @  10:38 AM   -   RE: What equipment?

brucle

Um......using samplers, synths and etc

Message 4/8                 Date: 29-May-00  @  03:08 PM   -   RE: What equipment?

Pongoid

Link?:  Link

?

Message 5/8                 Date: 29-May-00  @  09:49 PM   -   RE: What equipment?

mikec

Link?: Link

I think first thing you should do is get some literature on what it is you actually want to do!

DJing is generally mixing existing tracks into one contiuous whole, or playing with the decks to do scratching and the like.

What it sounds like you want to do is simply write stuff, in which case you are a composer.

MikeC

Message 6/8                 Date: 30-May-00  @  08:34 AM   -   RE: What equipment?

brucle

I mean start DJ-ing with desks and mixing.......But need to know where to start and what to get.

Sorry I wasnt clear enough on that.
Thanx for all your replies.

Message 7/8                 Date: 30-May-00  @  06:26 PM   -   RE: What equipment?

but seriously -

Technics 1200's (x2)

Technics shdj-1200 (x1)

Loads of vinyl tokens.

Message 8/8                 Date: 13-Jun-00  @  10:19 PM   -   RE: What equipment?

jondennis101

Link?:  Link

Fuk man - don't thrust Technics on a beginner, let the guy see first if he really wants to do these things. It's alotta wonga, I know someone who used his technics for the 1st week, and hasn't touched em' since. I started when I was 14, with only one deck and a CD player. Then I gota mixer, a year later I got a matching deck, which was shit by the way, and then when I was heavily into it (Basicalyl it was my life), I need Technics cause I was club DJing at 17, and using Technics was far different from Crappy Beltdrives - but for a beginner my friend just get some £200 soundlabs or something. Here's some really basic tips which people may not have told you....

1) You need headphones to que up the next record
2) You have to adjust the pitch of the next record to match that of the current one, and tunes run at different speeds
3) Are you a musci freak or do you "Want to be the DJ to impress your mates and get women?" Cause if it's the latter, then give up now.

Laterz

Jon

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum