0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: Should I buy the XGworks?

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3                 Date: 13-May-00  @  01:04 PM   -   Should I buy the XGworks?

orblivion77

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Hey guys how's it going? Recently I bought a CS2X and since I'm new in this stuff I didn't know it didn't have a sequencer, so I decided to buy one but I don't know what to buy, I heard that I would be more convenient to buy a software one, so I'm wondering if the XGworks from yamaha would be fine, or should I save for the QY70 or the cubase... what should I do? I'm also planning on doing live performances... thanks. Hope someone can give me an answer..

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/3                 Date: 15-May-00  @  08:54 PM   -   RE: Should I buy the XGworks?

pict

Link?:  No link

Logic audio,Cakewalk and Cubase are the most preferred sequencers they are more expensive than XG works but far more powerful.If you can't afford the top of the range of any of the aforementioned sequencers they all offer cut down versions for cheaper.Emagic do a good deal with Logic audio silver(I use logic audio platinum).If you buy one of these sequencers you won't need to buy another one as would probably be the case with XG works.If you want to edit sounds on your synth XG edit is a very good program by Gary Gregson.Software sequencers are far more flexible than hardware ones but hardware ones are portable.

Message 3/3                 Date: 16-May-00  @  08:02 AM   -   RE: Should I buy the XGworks?

Neil

Link?:  No link

Logic are giving away their Rocket enabled version of Logic at www.emagic.com.

Cubasis is a great buy at £99. By the time you grew out of it you would know enough about sequencers to shell out full whack for a full version.

The QY70 is primarily designed for on-the-road composing or live use - not perfect for spending hours looking at whilst at home or in the studio.

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum