0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: A mixer for me... suggestions please.

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4                 Date: 07-May-00  @  07:20 PM   -   A mixer for me... suggestions please.

Defector Z

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I tried this on the main board and it didn't get any lovin', so I figure to post here.

I am in the market for a new mixer. My Mackie 1202vlz is just too small. This CFX line is pretty new, so I am wondering if anyone knows anything about it? Also, what else should I look at? I am not necessarily in the hunting for a "budget" mixer, but value is important. I am looking for analog, preferably, and around 20 channels. Groups would be nice, but not mandatory. Price range? Humor me - I may try to sell some stuff to afford something decent. Would liket to spend less than $1k US. But I don't know what that would get me. I like Mackie and would probably prefer to go with another as I am happy with the sound, and the interface. But what about Behringer?
Oh, and 16 (or more) channels is important. I have two stereo outs from my XT, 1 (or more) mics, 1 drum box, 4 stereo outs from the sampler, 1 stereo out from my sequencer, and I would a few extras because we all know how quickly mixer channels disappear. :-)

Thanks folks.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/4                 Date: 09-May-00  @  06:10 AM   -   RE: A mixer for me... suggestions please.

max coombe

if you're on a budget, go for behringer, particularly if you're used to mackie (i think mackie actually tried to sue behringer because the spec/design on their desks is so similar). something like the higher-end "eurodesk" (not sure what the model name is, but it's the better one!)

they're probably a little less robust than the mackies, but a producer friend of mine who's no stranger to commercial success uses one and has never had any cause for complaint...

hope that helps  

peace
max

Message 3/4                 Date: 09-May-00  @  06:11 AM   -   RE: A mixer for me... suggestions please.

max coombe

btw, check out http://www.behringer.de for more details

Message 4/4                 Date: 09-May-00  @  10:16 AM   -   RE: A mixer for me... suggestions please.

Defector Z

Well, I looked further into Behringer and apparently Mackie is sueing Behringer because Behringer does reverse engineering. Meaning, they take Mackie's stuff, pull it apart, and than redesign their mixers according to the Mackie specs. Then, they send the product overseas for cheap manufacturing and then sell. Not a company I want to do business with to tell you the truth.

Thanks for the input, though, I appreciate your thoughts. I think that I am going to stick with Mackie because of my good experience with them. Price points seem to be similar too. The CFX20 seems to be a pretty mixer for the price. If the noise levels are anything like the 1202vlz I have, I would be very happy with it because the 1202vlz is pretty darn quiet. I don't have any complaints. My guy at Sweetwater is telling me to stick with Mackie for my price range.

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum