0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: Recording on HD,..help needed

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6                 Date: 04-May-00  @  08:17 AM   -   Recording on HD,..help needed

pascal

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

hi,..i want to record my whole song on hd with the fx and the settings of mine composer pro and ultrafex,..but when i record my song on hd,..it will only record the raw song,..i have no inserts on my yamaha mx-400
is there an other way to record my entire song to hd with the fx of my lexicon mpx100, ultrafex ,and composer pro,..cause i haven't a clue,..the man at the music shop said i must return it to the mixing desk,..but i haven't got returns or master ins,..or something like that,..what he said to me
can anybody help me out,..i 've got an yamaha mx-400/16 mixing desk

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/6                 Date: 04-May-00  @  09:57 AM   -   RE: Recording on HD,..help needed

max coombe

i'm not familiar with your mixer...

do you have aux sends? i assume you must do as you're already using outboard fx - in which case simply return the fx outputs to a standard mixer channel and bring them up alongside your mix.

if you have neither sends nor returns then i'm afraid it's rather more complicated - you'll need to insert the fx into each relevant channel separately (i.e. between the sound source and the desk) and then record each track separately to your hard disk.

sounds like you might need to get another mixing desk if you're serious about recording though - doesn't mean the desk need be expensive, but aux sends at least are a must...

Message 3/6                 Date: 04-May-00  @  10:02 AM   -   RE: Recording on HD,..help needed

pascal

got aux sends,..but it aux1,2,3,4,
but it isn't record i think

Message 4/6                 Date: 04-May-00  @  04:02 PM   -   RE: Recording on HD,..help needed

damballah

Link?:  Link

Are you using all of your channels? If not you could return your effects through unused channels with the added benefit of being able to EQ them. Just be careful you don't turn up the aux sends on the channels you're using as returns.

Message 5/6                 Date: 04-May-00  @  04:52 PM   -   RE: Recording on HD,..help needed

max coombe

hmmm. that's what i was trying to say above, but not as clearly as damballah has just put it.

you can use the spare channels as returns and that should solve your problem. my desk doesn't have aux returns either so i use a little sub-mixer (spirit notepad) to run my fx returns through so they only take up one stereo pair on my main desk.

now if your fx returns are coming out of one of the channels there is no reason why you shouldn't be able to record them along with the rest of your mix.

one question though, if you haven't set it up like this already, how have you been monitoring the fx up till now?

Message 6/6                 Date: 05-May-00  @  12:51 PM   -   RE: Recording on HD,..help needed

pascal

but that doesn't solve the problem i think,..i've got my fx on a spare channel oke,..but the ultrafex and the composer pro are at the end of my setup,..so my record out of my mixing desk wil not send it to my line in of my terratec ews64xl ,..any explanations about this one

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum