0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: Multi-Tracking on a PC

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4                 Date: 26-Apr-00  @  04:18 PM   -   Multi-Tracking on a PC

scott

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I was wondering if there was a decent way to Multitrack with a PC? Any programs ( preferrably cheap)? I know Win98 used to have problems tripping on itself when it would record and play at the same time. Does it do this nowadays.
Btw, I'm runnin Win98, Cakewalk Pro 7.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/4                 Date: 26-Apr-00  @  07:22 PM   -   RE: Multi-Tracking on a PC

k

if you mean for audio only, i'd recomend the great SAWPLUS... now supports direct-x plugs... very well coded programme - if your machines having probs playing and recording at the same time.. it's your soundcard i'd say. There shouldnt be a problem with working in cake tho..in fact, cake is good fi your using loops too, cos it devides the timebar by bars & beats.

Message 3/4                 Date: 26-Apr-00  @  07:48 PM   -   RE: Multi-Tracking on a PC

scott

My soundcard is an AWE64, and it says Full duplex which is interesting. I don't really use it except for input from my mixer to do Recording. I run my sampler from Cakewalk and play guitar. I would like to record the sampler and guitar parts together as one, then I would like to record vocals on top of that. hell, Recording each instrument individually would be ideal.. hehe

Message 4/4                 Date: 02-May-00  @  04:18 PM   -   RE: Multi-Tracking on a PC

k

the awe64 aint true full duplex - ... get something better i'd say

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum