0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: Behringer mixers

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/11                 Date: 24-Mar-00  @  01:01 PM   -   Behringer mixers

ezra

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I was looking at the Behringer mixers (the mackie clones). are they total crap? right now I am using a kawai MX-8r but i really want a 16 channel mixer, and the Behringers are so much cheaper the the Mackies.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/11                 Date: 24-Mar-00  @  01:36 PM   -   RE: Behringer mixers

damballah

Link?:  Link

It might be going overboard to say they're "total crap." I don't like 'em much. Given the choice I'd go for the Mackie in a second.

Club I occasionally mix in just yanked out their crusty old Yamaha with dead channels and dirty pots and replaced it with an Allen Heath GL2200. MAN! That sucker's sweet. Routing, EQ, Mic Pres -- nice..

One of the things that's happened with the mixer market is with Mackie dominating so much of it, Behringer's tagging along as the lower-priced option, and that's about all you see in the shops and catalogs. But, you get what you pay for. Don't sell the British desks short.

Message 3/11                 Date: 24-Mar-00  @  04:34 PM   -   RE: Behringer mixers

k

yup - the behringers are good, but seem to havereliability problems - my mates Behringer suddenly shows all the solo lights on at the same time and stopped working - i think it is mainly reliability - not the actual quality of the sound/facilities - Brit desks... yup... Older Studiomaster desks for example are going for peanuts now... and they are superb - My other mate has a Ghost - absolutely brilliant mixer

Message 4/11                 Date: 25-Mar-00  @  09:56 AM   -   RE: Behringer mixers

Marvin Dieselburger

whats better - a real Rolex, or a fake one?

Message 5/11                 Date: 26-Mar-00  @  05:50 PM   -   RE: Behringer mixers

Purple Haze

A fake Rolex: It will also tell the time and do it for a fraction of the price of a real one.

I've got a Behringer mx3282A (had a mx2004 before that), and I think it gives much value for money. I'm just a hobbyist, I can't justify to pay twice as much for a 'high qualirty' mixer with basically the same options.

I have to admit though that recently it broke down on me (but was fixed under warranty). I think it was the same problem Kilo mentioned - all solo led (or gain ? at least red ones) were lit and it didn't do shit anymore apart from buzzing.

Don't know about the eq's (haven't used other mixers for a long enough time to be able to compare), but as far as noise is concerned there's nothing to worry about.

Message 6/11                 Date: 27-Mar-00  @  03:37 PM   -   RE: Behringer mixers

k

yes.. it could have been the peak Led's which would indicate continuous voltage getting onto the buss i suppose... seems to be power issues mostly i hear...

Message 7/11                 Date: 27-Mar-00  @  06:20 PM   -   RE: Behringer mixers

nomad

i'll second those old british mixers...i have an old studiomaster
and it rocks. a little noisier than the mackies i've used (or it was...
i upgraded the op amps and now it is very quiet) but the EQ
is a good bit better.

i used to do live sound for my church
for a couple years, and i used the EQ to separate the singers,
and i never liked what the EQ did to them...the mix would
be better but doing similar things on my studiomaster doesn't
mangle the sound quite as much....

Message 8/11                 Date: 27-Mar-00  @  09:33 PM   -   RE: Behringer mixers

damballah

The EQ on the British desks isn't as phasey as on US- and Japanese-made mixers.

Message 9/11                 Date: 28-Mar-00  @  06:17 AM   -   RE: Behringer mixers

Jasper

I have a behringer, and I'd have to say it's lifeless and unispiring.

Message 10/11                 Date: 29-Mar-00  @  02:58 AM   -   RE: Behringer mixers

k

brit mixers rule - PERIOD.. old studio master, old AHB.. super sound.. fuck noise spec's... the SOUND they make is so ... i dunno what the word is... not 'clean' - not 'phat'.. just... overally musical or something..

i've got old recordings done on old AHB's... they are so full... the series 3 studiomasters are the nuts.. some Hill mixers are good.. and of course ALICE... soundcraft old 12 & 16 into 2's or 16-8's are wicked... TAC (total Audio Concepts).. are good too (French arent they?? where do i get that idea from?? the name doesnt sound french)... I mean Mackie are good.. but people tend to ignore older mixers.. which is a BIG mistake.. especially as they are so cheap...

studiomaster, Allen & Heath (AHB), ALICE, Soundcraft.. they rule.. Soundtracks were nice too

Message 11/11                 Date: 03-Apr-00  @  01:29 PM   -   RE: Behringer mixers

bassbrap

I have a Behringer and my main bitch is the fact that the auxs bleed. Even if it is turned all the way down, it still lets a little of the signal through to whatever is ran off it. i plan on selling my Behringer to buy a Mackie or Sprit or something. If you need a lot of channels cheap (as i did) it isn't the worst way to go, but you get what you pay for.

peace

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 11 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum