0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: Manual for Seck 1882 mixer

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6                 Date: 08-Mar-00  @  11:58 AM   -   Manual for Seck 1882 mixer

forze_

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

A few years ago I bought a Seck 1882
mixer without a manual. It all works fine, but there's still some things I haven't figured out yet. Where is the talkback routed ? Why r aux 3&4 called
FB (foldbacks ?). If ny1 knows the answers to theese questions, or have a manual for this console, plz let me know. I'm kinda stuck here... =\

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/6                 Date: 08-Mar-00  @  02:38 PM   -   RE: Manual for Seck 1882 mixer

k

ask away i got one... the foldbacks re just named thus for no reason... they can be used like standard aux sends... but fb1 is placed up in the mon section so you CAN if you want to, create a foldback mix in mono from the Monitor section, so with the FB section you can:

a. create a stereo mix for the studio performers with one aux send inplace (echo control & return section above the mater i/o sockets)

2. create a live stereo side-fill mix, and have one mon' chain for say the vocal....

i'll have to check the talkback, cos i dont use it, but FB goes to 'talk to the FB buss' (talk to studio performers in headphones whatever)... & i think tape routes to the subs and slate to the main L/R.. or the other way round... anything else ask away...

Message 3/6                 Date: 09-Mar-00  @  09:51 AM   -   RE: Manual for Seck 1882 mixer

forze_

Hmm, worth considering !
Tx for ur reply =))
Did u have the manual ?
/Forze^

Message 4/6                 Date: 10-Mar-00  @  09:48 PM   -   RE: Manual for Seck 1882 mixer

k

well maybe, i dunno which box itis in, soyou'd betterjust ask specific questions, cos i aint planning a garge clean out just yet! :-)

Message 5/6                 Date: 13-Mar-00  @  12:03 PM   -   RE: Manual for Seck 1882 mixer

forze_

Hehe, k man ! =))
Another thing; do ya know if the connectors r seated on the main board, or if they're connected through cables ?
I am about to build the darn thingie into a console with a real patchbay, and i wanna move the connectors to the bottom of the console. Is this possible ? And, do u know if the line ins' r balanced ? I have balanced tele connectors from my soundcard breakout box, so it'd b cool if the console had that too. I know the xlr connectors r balanced, but they r allready occupied. I just wanna b able to switch input by clicking the mic/line button instead of changing the cables...

Message 6/6                 Date: 13-Mar-00  @  02:34 PM   -   RE: Manual for Seck 1882 mixer

k

dunno if blanaced, but yes, the whole mixer is hardwired to boards as far as i can see (take off an endplate)

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum