0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: Hey boy...Hey superstarDJ...F**k OFF!

Viewing all 23 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

Original Message 1/23                 Date: 11-Jan-00  @  12:28 PM   -   Hey boy...Hey superstarDJ...F**k OFF!

SB

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

What's with all the utter shite dance music just now?

I mean, there's always been shite in the charts but even 2unlimited were never as bad as the Venga boys & co. Is this music for toddlers? Who buys it?

It's not even new shite, it's badly recycled shite!

So fuck off William Orbit, fuck off Zoe Ball and someone answer that fucking phone and put us all out of our miseries!

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/23                 Date: 11-Jan-00  @  12:30 PM   -   RE: Hey boy...Hey superstarDJ...F**k OFF!

sb

...and to top it all, this is in the wrong fucking forum - sorry!

I'll get me coat!

Message 3/23                 Date: 01-Feb-00  @  07:43 PM   -   RE: Hey boy...Hey superstarDJ...F**k OFF!

jcunni6047

Thats the Chemical Brothers song??? I liked it I thought it was PHAT!!!!

hehehe

Message 4/23                 Date: 05-Feb-00  @  07:38 AM   -   RE: Hey boy...Hey superstarDJ...F**k OFF!

R-Tek

Dancepop has ALWAYS been wank with a few exceptions, I think you`re just getting old SB......

and 2Unlimited weren`t as bad as the vengapoofs? U need help.

Message 5/23                 Date: 07-Feb-00  @  08:31 AM   -   RE: Hey boy...Hey superstarDJ...F**k OFF!

SB

"and 2Unlimited weren`t as bad as the vengapoofs? U need help. "

Cheers R-Tek, now you've made me sound like a complete tit - I normaly manage that on my own!

Both should be shot, I used 2-unlimited to exagerate just how bad Venga boys...blah, blah...who fucking cares, I'll shut-up.

I do need help though...

Message 6/23                 Date: 17-Feb-00  @  02:00 AM   -   RE: Hey boy...Hey superstarDJ...F**k OFF!

nenaflower

Yeahh its all wack, i saw this aqua video today.. oh god now i have effiel 51 or whatever the fuck there name is in my head.. ahhhh!!! simple music for simple people. peole just dont know yet. allthese wack "artists" are just jumpin on the bandwagon, like all theses boy bands.
right now music is about anything but music it is marketing = money.
The back street boys are a bunch of hookers
People are unaware, but i have hope.
This all so knew to every one still, our music. maybe i'm just talkin shit, very high.. think i need more

Message 7/23                 Date: 17-Feb-00  @  02:03 AM   -   RE: Hey boy...Hey superstarDJ...F**k OFF!

nenaflower

Yeahh its all wack, i saw this aqua video today.. oh god now i have effiel 51 or whatever the fuck there name is in my head.. ahhhh!!! simple music for simple people. peole just dont know yet. allthese wack "artists" are just jumpin on the bandwagon, like all theses boy bands.
right now music is about anything but music it is marketing = money.
The back street boys are a bunch of hookers
People are unaware, but i have hope.
This all so knew to every one still, our music. maybe i'm just talkin shit, very high.. think i need more

Message 8/23                 Date: 17-Feb-00  @  02:05 AM   -   RE: Hey boy...Hey superstarDJ...F**k OFF!

ninaflower

The Record companies are the pimps and the performers are there ho's HAHAHAHA

Message 9/23                 Date: 19-Feb-00  @  07:44 AM   -   RE: Hey boy...Hey superstarDJ...F**k OFF!

Eddie

I guess you can produce a hit song with MC303 preset patterns... it is gonna happen... soon... and thats the day i will do a vile of fuckin acid... so i dont have to hear this stupid shit.. i would be dead or retarted... i bet i still could do better than eiffell 69 :P
when i get retarded...

Message 10/23                 Date: 21-Feb-00  @  05:55 AM   -   RE: Hey boy...Hey superstarDJ...F**k OFF!

Pongoid

Link?:  Link

Yeah, fuck the superstars, but whinging isn't enugh. Fught back. Get your shit out there, and fight back with that. Yeah, there's loads o'shite, so just make sure that you're not being part of the problem when you throw down. Good Luck.

Ape

Message 11/23                 Date: 21-Feb-00  @  07:34 AM   -   RE: Hey boy...Hey superstarDJ...F**k OFF!

dasandor

yes many bad things surrounding us
but isn't really a new thing is it?
New is the way they overload us with their music: I'm from the netherlands and when i put on the radio it doesn't matter what station i choose, they all play the same tunes (and yes ofcourse a lot of vengaboys) so the only option I have is buying loads of records, taping good music from friends (some of them think 2unlimited are very good though) or make something I like myself. (I must add here that i like boybands and europophouse even better than those moaning R&B-artists i'm bombarded with these last few years).
The only good thing is..when i've been listening to the radio or mtv or whatever, I do truelly feel I'm really good myself. When i've been listening to Underworld, Jeff mills, plasticman, daftpunk, pinkfloyd and guys like that I'm less optimistic about my own musical capabilities.
So maybe it isn't to bad -when youre in a masochistical mood- to have an hour long mtv-session (you'll learn some really good dancemoves as well)

Message 12/23                 Date: 04-Mar-00  @  12:01 PM   -   RE: Hey boy...Hey superstarDJ...F**k OFF!

cyclop

yeah ofcourse pongoid wrote something here  ..
the vengaboys producers (and the alikes)do have serious studio's though..it does sound good.really candycoated superfat shit.but i guess that if you ask that stupid sailorman that dances around in the venga clips what the use is of a slider on a mixer, that he will look at you as if he sees water burning.
by the f*cking way.that guy that is the sailor man in the vengaboys was born in the same place as me:Mijdrecht,netherlands.sheeeeee-it.
why him.i am too ugly i think.but i know why there are faders on a mixer.
to adjust the speed to prevent the pastry from flying all around in the kitchen.

DRIFTKICKER.

Message 13/23                 Date: 04-Mar-00  @  05:20 PM   -   RE: Hey boy...Hey superstarDJ...F**k OFF!

k

well, i reckon you could learn alot from aqua

Message 14/23                 Date: 07-Mar-00  @  09:41 AM   -   RE: Hey boy...Hey superstarDJ...F**k OFF!

daisuke

>> well, i reckon you could learn alot from aqua

instead I suggest to throw away latest Aqua album and go back to "music for the jilted generation" album by the Prodigy. Jump to the track named "Speedway" and pump up the volume. There're a plethora of tricks of the trade in that track, it's complex but perfectly enjoyable. If you don't get enough after Speedway you can play "No good", 100% pop and thousand times better than Aqua and Vengaboys shit... the drum track alone of "No Good" makes Aqua disappear. Learn from the masters, not from the losers!

Message 15/23                 Date: 13-Mar-00  @  11:19 AM   -   RE: Hey boy...Hey superstarDJ...F**k OFF!

hajee

Amen brother daisuke.... that girl from the bengabioys is fucking hot tho.... my sister actually KNOWS the bitch....still she wont introduce us....

Message 16/23                 Date: 16-Mar-00  @  05:46 AM   -   RE: Hey boy...Hey superstarDJ...F**k OFF!

daisuke

>Amen brother daisuke.... that girl from the bengabioys is fucking hot tho....
>my sister actually KNOWS the
>bitch....still she wont introduce us....

No doubt she's hot, m8! Hope that u will be able to known her ;-)
"Up an down, up and down...". peace

Message 17/23                 Date: 22-Mar-00  @  11:04 AM   -   RE: Hey boy...Hey superstarDJ...F**k OFF!

ashley

a friend of mine did some work with some dutch boys (no not that sort of work), good geezers. they then went off and wrote a few more tracks and a girl singer was added- alice dj. they are now stinking rich and still good geezers. the money has enabled them to do whatever they want musically (and probably sexually). who would turn down the millions to become the faceless studiohead behind the hit? or am i talking to the "heros behind the hits"?

Message 18/23                 Date: 07-Apr-00  @  11:03 AM   -   RE: Hey boy...Hey superstarDJ...F**k OFF!

max coombe

this might sound weird, but there is a commercial reality to the music scene. aqua, eiffel 65 et. al aren't bad, you just don't like them, but a lot of "kids" do, are buying their records and there's nothing wrong with that. the pop end of stuff isn't for everybody and neither is the underground side of things... but no one ever got anywhere by slagging other people's success off... get out there and prove 'em wrong!

also, k's right, you could learn from some of their production ideas - eiffel 65 has a fantastic commercial gimmick in its overly autotuned vocals, and have been copied by every single dance act to come out of italy since. also, writing a multi-million selling pop song ain't that easy, or i for one would have written loads. (i'm doing my best but i keep writing progressive housey noodley stuff - oh well)

vive la difference!

Message 19/23                 Date: 07-Apr-00  @  04:42 PM   -   RE: Hey boy...Hey superstarDJ...F**k OFF!

k

mate if i can learn something from anyone, i'll absorb it.. they key is in the learning, not what colour the book jacket is -

Message 20/23                 Date: 09-Apr-00  @  04:55 AM   -   RE: Hey boy...Hey superstarDJ...F**k OFF!

Shoto

K , you`re a cool dude...

Message 21/23                 Date: 10-Apr-00  @  04:01 AM   -   RE: Hey boy...Hey superstarDJ...F**k OFF!

ashley

i would love to make millions out of my music but i am stuck in my self indulgent electronic groove. it is good to learn from other people. call me old fashioned but making a video somewhere hot with pneumatic women in bikinis sound a lot more fun that trying to work out sys-ex messages. sorry if that upsets anyone!!
ashley

Message 22/23                 Date: 17-Apr-00  @  10:04 AM   -   RE: Hey boy...Hey superstarDJ...F**k OFF!

neil_chambers

I reckon that if you took what sounds like a ground-breaking electronic masterpiece and remade it using crappy Soundblaster sounds you would probably find that it is a basic, catchy tune not unlike many of the bands people here are criticising. Add 5 years and it really starts to sound shit.

Its all pop music.

If you just wanna make music for your own enjoyment then you don't need to listen to Aqua. If you want to make a million then it is probably a good idea.

Message 23/23                 Date: 21-Apr-00  @  04:51 PM   -   RE: Hey boy...Hey superstarDJ...F**k OFF!

Divine_Radiance (rebirther)

Link?: Link

Still it's just SO annyoying..
Take Ahsleys story for example.. Those damn idits are making so much money.. for So little. Some stuff that Alice Dj Effiel 65 and all the other POP itids are making is good and cathcy. BUT the fact that the ponker's are all making one hit trax and then just keep going back to that one, IE: sounding the same, just prove's that they'r nout much for artist's and they'r all caught in the moeny. Hell give me an inspering Rebirth toon to listen to instead...

Still We'd all like to have a million or two, no?

Viewing all 23 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

There are 23 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum