0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: mackie 1642, suggestions

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8                 Date: 09-Jan-00  @  06:20 PM   -   mackie 1642, suggestions>???

nobody

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

considering getting one. is there anything that sounds better, or has a few more channels in the same price range? it ends up being around $1100 us. i don't want no digital mixer. i like this one, but i still think there have got to be more semi compact analog mixers about, anything? anything?

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/8                 Date: 31-Jan-00  @  03:24 PM   -   RE: mackie 1642, suggestions

rustynail

Link?:  No link

I was considering a Mackie 1604 myself. It just seemed like a little too much money for me, then I came across the Behringer 2604 (I think thats the model), its a true 4*bus with 8 mono and 4 stereo channels. I found one for $550 new. check out their website for more info. www.behringer.de

Shawn

Message 3/8                 Date: 01-Feb-00  @  12:04 PM   -   RE: mackie 1642, suggestions

A

Behringer's are noisy and they don't sound good.That's why there's a price difference between them.

Message 4/8                 Date: 01-Feb-00  @  01:27 PM   -   RE: mackie 1642, suggestions

mikec

Link?: Link

How about the Allen&Heath Mixwizard range. Only ever heard good things about them. The WZ20S allows for 40 inputs! It has dual sockets on each channel, each socket has it's own trim control, or you can switch between them.

http://www.allen-heath.com/

MikeC

Message 5/8                 Date: 01-Feb-00  @  09:42 PM   -   RE: mackie 1642, suggestions

nobody

yeah, actually if you check some other thread you will find that WZ20S mixer already found a place in my heart. in time..

Message 6/8                 Date: 01-Feb-00  @  09:42 PM   -   RE: mackie 1642, suggestions

nobody

but thanks.

Message 7/8                 Date: 09-Feb-00  @  12:21 PM   -   RE: mackie 1642, suggestions

mackie sr 24-4

Link?: Link

i have had nightmares with 2 behringer mixers and know of a studio who have as well they are cheap imitations of mackies and go wrong fast ive had 2, of their 26 4 2 and both never completly worked from new and got worst as time past and my friend who has a pro studio has got through 2 eurodesks so far ,in england new mackie sr 24-4 are £899
and i picked up a perfect second hand one for £600 and it is perfect and very warm and clear for a small desk so be warned do not touch the behringers

Message 8/8                 Date: 24-Feb-00  @  02:59 PM   -   RE: mackie 1642, suggestions

jt static

How about soundtracs?

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum