0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: Why pay for mic ins?

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6                 Date: 07-Jan-00  @  03:35 PM   -   Why pay for mic ins?

Graye

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Why pay for mic ins... when I don't use them? Are there any good mixers on the market (Mackie / Spirit?) with only line-ins? I don't want to pay for something I don't use!

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/6                 Date: 07-Jan-00  @  04:36 PM   -   RE: Why pay for mic ins?

mikec

Link?: Link

The Mackie rackmount LM3204 does to have mic ins. It does have a separate mic pre-amp which you can route through before going to a line in.

The downside is that the faders are pots and not sliders.

The upside is that it very compact and has 16 stereo inputs (mono if you only connect to L).

I have a Yamaha O3D which has only got 2 mic ins. They are on channels 1 and 2.

MikeC

Message 3/6                 Date: 07-Jan-00  @  07:05 PM   -   RE: Why pay for mic ins?

k

if you don't need subgoups, get a line mixer with good eq, faders, and lotsa auxilliary sends in that order of preference - sure some line desks have subs - maybe it'll be too expensive but look around, and add a rack mic preamp if ever needed

Message 4/6                 Date: 12-Jan-00  @  11:39 AM   -   RE: Why pay for mic ins?

Graye

Please recommend some models to check out! I need 16 mono channels for minimum. And at least 2 sub groups. Its also got to have sliders though! And it must be an analog desk & good quality.

Message 5/6                 Date: 12-Jan-00  @  04:51 PM   -   RE: Why pay for mic ins?

mikec

Link?: Link

How about an Allen&Heath mixwizard? The MZ20S maybe?

Go to their website and look through the product section.

Then do a search on Sound On Sound for reviews.

MikeC

Message 6/6                 Date: 13-Jan-00  @  12:24 PM   -   RE: Why pay for mic ins?

nobody

Link?:  Link

yes yes..the new WZ20S looks superb for what it is. should be around $1200 US

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum