0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: feedback - How di I set up my mixer?

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3                 Date: 21-Dec-99  @  08:01 AM   -   feedback - How di I set up my mixer?

stephenb

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I posted here a while back when I bought my mixer, but lack of details made it hard for people to know what features my mixer had - Behringer eurorack mx 802a. Due to this, I never managed to get it setup properly as I keep getting feedback from my pc.

My equipment is:

synth1 (AN1X) - L + R mono output
synth2 (Korg EA-1) - L + R mono output
PC (APS) - stereo line in + out
FX (Korg kaos pad) - stereo in + out
moitors (MSP5)
master (pc cd-r)

I've included this link...a detailed picture of my mixers features to help solve my problem.

http://www.behringer.de/images/products/eurorack/MX802Alarge.jpg

I need to:

Record synths to pc(aps) including via FX.

Send PC wave out (aps) to FX via mixer, and record back through line in (aps).

My main problems with the way it's setup just now are feedback loop (PC) and mixer only sends mono to stereo inputs of fx.

I know this is a lot of shit to figure out, but if someone in the know could tell me the optimal setup for what I want to do I'd be extremely grateful!

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/3                 Date: 21-Dec-99  @  08:06 PM   -   RE: feedback - How di I set up my mixer?

horizens

Link?: Link

k wrote a good article explaining exactly how to do it. there's the link up there.

Message 3/3                 Date: 23-Dec-99  @  01:26 PM   -   RE: feedback - How di I set up my mixer?

k

Link?:  No link

nope the link wont work without an id number - go to MIXER section or ARTICLES - the feedback problem occurs cos you are trying to play OUT of the APS thru the mixer and back IN to the APS - whoops !! - feedback loop - for the rest it should be fine - maybe if you send OUT of the APS from say s/w mixer channel_1 - then thru the mixer, and back IN TO THE PC via APS IN , and record the incoming audio onto a track where the output fader for that assigned record track is DOWN/OFF it might work, but perhaps there is some internal link inside the APS that echo's the input to the output - i dunno

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum