0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: Snare Drum Mixing/Effects

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4                 Date: 11-Dec-99  @  08:32 AM   -   Snare Drum Mixing/Effects

breakb

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

IŽd like to know how those big 80s Snare sounds are made.
And how do I get a 70s disco type Snare?

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/4                 Date: 11-Dec-99  @  04:08 PM   -   RE: Snare Drum Mixing/Effects

k

name some tracks?... 70's disco snares.. well, i saw alot of drummersd playing that style using deep snares, mostly wood shells, with thick batter heads etc... tuned tight...

80's ?... as i say in both instances name some music's...

Message 3/4                 Date: 12-Dec-99  @  10:22 AM   -   RE: Snare Drum Mixing/Effects

Phil Collins

80's snare? You want a big, gated reverb on that me old son.

Message 4/4                 Date: 13-Dec-99  @  04:44 PM   -   RE: Snare Drum Mixing/Effects

k

both era's were typified by close mic-ing in deadened environments in most cases, then adding fx afterwards ... that meant plate-reverb if reverb was used up to the end of the eighties when digital reverbs came along (for the wealthy) - in the 80's things got posher fx wise, but still - examples please - BESIDES the Artful Dodger - there were just so many sounds on so many tracks - also there was all those nasty Linn drums, simmons, scsi's, Tr707's etc - loverlee

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum